“If you want to see Costa Rica-call Orlando Vargas” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
east tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“If you want to see Costa Rica-call Orlando Vargas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica. The first person we met when we touched down in Liberia was Orlando Vargas. We found his name on tripadvisor when looking for reliable transportation in a country we had only read about in magazines. I only have one word for Orlando- AMAZING. He is a native Costa Rican. He is very dependable and his prices compare to any of the shuttle services. He is available 24/7 and is a great resource for any questions you may have. We called him several times for travel questions and for his shuttle services. When we met we were strangers- when we left we were friends. God Bless you Orlando!!!

Visited July 2011

Edmonton, Canada
“Freddy Montero is great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We travelled to Costa Rica in April and did some research before going on local tour guides....we decided to reach out to Freddy as we had read fantastic reviews on his service. We were so happy that we did choose Freddie; we spent a few days with him and were treated like family. Freddie was always on time, very knowledgeable, reasonably priced and extremely friendly. Highly recommend people also hiring Freddie!!! Freddy's website is www.costaricaprivatetours.net.

Visited April 2011
Toronto, Canada
“It was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This march break I visited Costa Rica with my mother. We went on two tours with Freddie Monterro and they were amazing! Freddie showed us birds, animals and frogs, we would never find ourselves. He also told us about various places and about the past and present of Costa Rica. We really enjoyed it and we hope to come back!

Visited March 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Danny Jimenez - the best private driver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This is the very first time I have written any review, and we have travelled many places. I wanted to make sure I wrote one about Danny Jimenez , owner of Costa Rica Driver, because we had an awesome vacation, and a lot of that was because of Danny. First of all, I would like to say that we enjoyed Danny very much. He has a gentle, humble personality, and that is very refreshing, coming from the United States. He is honest, friendly and has a great sense of humor. We were able to leave him in charge of our things in the van, while we explored the beautiful parks and sights in Costa Rica, and didn't have to worry about it. We could also sit back and enjoy the scenery on the many drives that we took with him. We hired Danny for the entire 9 days we were in Costa Rica, and paid a daily flat rate (well worth it, and he has competitive rates too.) He took us wherever we wanted to go, and it was like having our own private tour guide, catered to what we wanted to do. He really became part of the family, and it was hard saying goodbye!

I believe we were able to see much more of Costa Rica because he took care of the driving. Not only did he drive, he communicated quite a bit for us, (he speaks very good English), translating and setting up some guides for us for Monteverde, Cano Negros, and Arenal National Parks. He also took us to some local restaurants, off the tourist beaten path. He took away a lot of the stress and hassle part of travelling, leaving just enjoyment and relaxation for us. We saw a lot of wildlife!

There were 5 of us travelling with him, my husband, two teenagers, and my husband's elderly aunt. There was one hike that he took with us, and it was particularly challenging for our aunt, and he was right there, helping her along the steep, muddy trail.

Danny is the best! He will not disappoint you - very safe driver and always on time. The roads are very bad in some parts of Costa Rica, and we had considered renting a car. Yes, it will cost a little more to hire a driver, but after seeing the road conditions there, especially going to Monteverde, there is a strong possibility that we would have gotten lost. There are no signs saying which way to go on a fork in the road - you just have to know! Also, the road could bang up a rental car pretty badly if you hit a pothole unexpectedly. Coming back from Monteverde especially, it was dark and foggy and the visibility was very bad. Danny knows the country and knows the roads. We don't.

So that is my review. Danny, if you read this - THANK YOU! We really enjoyed our time with you and hope to come back to Costa Rica again!

Visited June 2011
Mendocino, California
“Danny Jimenez- Driver Extrodinare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Danny drove 5 of us around Costa Rica for 9 days. He was with us morning to night. Danny is prompt, reliable, knowledgeable, caring and FUN! He drove us all over the country; Arenal, Monteverde, Rincon De La Vieja, Tamarindo, Playa Flamingo, and Manuel Antonio and back to our hotel in San Jose. He made the trip! He hooked us up with excellent guides, took us to great restaurants, made suggestions that were great, and kept us entertained on the long drives from place to place. He is willing to do anything you want. He joined us on one hike, and helped me the whole way as it was a difficult hike for me. I wouldn't have made if it weren't for him. His English is excellent and he has a wonderful personality. If you need a driver, get in touch with Danny Jimenez. You won't be sorry.

Visited June 2011