“Best ice cream in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 434 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Alabama
“Best ice cream in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

As my group drove by POPS, I noticed a long line every time. I decided that I HAD to eat some of their ice cream. (I'm an ice cream fanatic!)

As I walked into the little shop, I was overwhelmed by the numerous flavors to choose from. The staff was very friendly and patient with me as I made my decision. I chose my favorite, cookies 'n cream, and I absolutely loved it. I would have loved to return and try different tropical flavors.

POPS offers something for every ice cream lover out there, so if you're in Costa Rica, stop by and give it a try!

• Visited March 2013

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best Icream in Costa Rica.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Pops is definitely delicious ice cream alternative with great combinations and good specials. give it a try! I loved their fruit sundae with extra nuts.

Visited April 2013
Healdsburg, California
“This chain of ice cream shops has terrific tropical flavors you won't find in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had to go back twice to this casual and inexpensive ice cream shop chain. (These places are so popular, they are used as landmarks for cab-drivers!). I especially liked the Batidos (or shakes) made with milk mixed with "nieves"(ices, or Snow cones) , in such great flavors as mango and Mora (Blackberry?) My all-time favorite is one you won't find in the US- Guanavana , a creamy white fruit which is slightly sweet and tangy at the same time. Elusive and delicious flavor... a real treat!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kensington, Connecticut
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

As Americans...what's better on a hot day that Ice Cream? Our family likes Ice Cream so when our driver pointed out Pops in La Fortuna we had to give it a try. It certainly hit the spot...the Ice Cream was really good and the pricing was reasonable. We saw them in other places around the country but that was the only shop we tried.

Visited April 2013
Horquetas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Costa Rica's home-grown ice cream parlor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

For those of us who live in Costa Rica, a visit to Pop's on a hot day is almost mandatory. The ice cream is of excellent quality and many flavors, and there are many outlets scattered around the country.

Visited February 2013