“Fantastic Ambience, Amazing Food, Excellent Wine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 312 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Peruvian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a fine dining restaurant with exquisite unique food, excellent service and a cozy ambient. We have two separate rooms ideal for private events that can accommodate up to 30 people. In addition, we have an outside sitting area for a more informal dinning. We hope to see you soon!
Aspen, Colorado
“Fantastic Ambience, Amazing Food, Excellent Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was a fan of Divina Comida in its first location and it has only gotten better since their move. Excellent dining and lounging atmosphere. It is a great place to go on a date as well as out with your friends. The Ceviche Limeno is my favorite, but there are too many fabulous things to choose from. The wine list is amazing. The owners are there caring about every detail !!

• Visited June 2013

Escazu, Costa Rica
“Used to be the best, now is closer to average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant in their first location, before they moved to their current location and butchered the menu and apparently ingredients. If I wrote this review back then, they'd get hands down the BEST restaurant in CR from me. They always impressed me with their service level and I visited quite often, always bringing extended family or business associates whenever they were visiting. Their food was to die for.

But now anymore, I don't go. Last few times have been bit more than disappointing. It would seem in order to pay for their increased expense of the fancier location, the food quality took a dive. I've had questionable fish, and the sauces that used to be so fantastic now taste like they are missing the more expensive ingredients. They cut portion sizes, and some of the price as well, and all that would be ok if it wasn't for the dishes just not tasting as incredible as they were during the original launch of the restaurant.

I also don't appreciate their newer staff. I always could rely on the primary staff, they knew me, they knew what I ordered and how I liked it. Last few times I went, the staff were more confused and nobody I recognized, therefore nobody to recognize me.

If you compare this place to the vast majority of restaurants in Costa Rica, its definitely one of the top ten, probably still even now. But being the best of some really bad restaurants isn't a great flag to tote. CR just doesn't have much competition when it comes to fantastic dining. So if CR is your only bar for comparison - then yes, I'm sure this place still yet deserves your best rating.

As for me, I've moved on to other places.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Delicioso!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Excellent food and service, although, our table was outside and one of the sides of the table was too windy and cold, but is an awesome restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“They make you feel like royalty!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The service is so good that they make you feel like royalty!! The place its oustanding decorated, feels warm and cozy, you would like to eat here again and again until you try all the menu!! Everything here is a piece of art from the dishes to the menu design itselft! And dont forget to try the mouthwatering desserts, yummy yummy yummy!!

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“One of my favourite restaurants in SJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Every time I travel to CR I make sure I indulge on the food in this place. The deserts are something in particular I want to mention in this review. This is the only Peruvian (note it is a fusion though) restaurant in SJ that features deserts with Lucuma ice-cream (Lucuma is an Andean fruit).The place has been decorated with taste and the location is great. One recommendation I would like to make is to have table cloths otherwise it feels a bit like the tables at Applebies.

• Visited April 2013