“One of my favourite restaurants in SJ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 285 restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Peruvian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a fine dining restaurant with exquisite unique food, excellent service and a cozy ambient. We have two separate rooms ideal for private events that can accommodate up to 30 people. In addition, we have an outside sitting area for a more informal dinning. We hope to see you soon!
Toronto, Canada
“One of my favourite restaurants in SJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Every time I travel to CR I make sure I indulge on the food in this place. The deserts are something in particular I want to mention in this review. This is the only Peruvian (note it is a fusion though) restaurant in SJ that features deserts with Lucuma ice-cream (Lucuma is an Andean fruit).The place has been decorated with taste and the location is great. One recommendation I would like to make is to have table cloths otherwise it feels a bit like the tables at Applebies.

• Visited April 2013

85% Recommend
US
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nice setting but not the fantastic food that I have read in the reviews and expected from recommendations from friends. The Ceviche with Ginger was great, and the rest of the food was good, but was somewhat disappointed -- food just lacked flavor. The service was excellent, and overall a nice evening. But not the outstanding dishes that I expected. Probably need to give it another chance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I read all reviews (50 something against 3 bad reviews) and let me tell you, I was more worries about a few bad reviews than the 50 "excellent". Do NOT trust those bad rev. La Divina Comedia has the perfect combination of service, price and excellent food. I really recommend this place. From a cocktail shot and bread (yummy) on the house, thru the appetizer, main course and dessert (wine included), the experience was great and so was the espresso. Thanks for this amazing night!

• Visited April 2013
oakville
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant! Beautiful décor and even more beautiful food! The risotto was to die for! Loved loved loved this restaurant!
Did I mention that I loved it?

• Visited February 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Good Place but Disappointing Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It started good - ambiance is good ...Service is good - welcome drink (Peruvian drink), bread and Peru corn, free soup (for those who didn't order). Then when my order came (i.e. tuna wasabi), things just went down. Tuna was "fishy" - not sure if (a) it's not fresh (b) not cooked properly since I got medium rare (c) not prepared properly. Then the restaurant got filled and we have to wait for 30 minutes just to clear our bill.

1 point for ambiance and 1 point for free stuffs.

• Visited March 2013