“Highly Recommend This Company” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 79 Activities in San Jose
Spokane, Washington
“Highly Recommend This Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My daughter and I were in Costa Rica May 11 - 22, 2013. CostaRican Trails organized every part of our trip online....except the airfare. When we were picked up from the airport, we were given a book of vouchers that contained everything we needed. We spent 2 nights in San Jose, 2 nights in La Fortuna, 2 nights in Monteverde and 5 nights in Tamarindo. CostaRican Trails arranged all of our transportation, all lodging and all excursions. We did not have one problem with any of the arrangements.....all of the pick ups were on time, the drivers were friendly and informative, all excursions were fun and the lodging they selected for us was great. I would definitely recommend this company....they listen to what you want from your vacation and then they deliver.

Visited May 2013

Troy, Michigan
“Dependable Tour Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

CostaRicanTrails made our tour arrangements for Costa Rica for our visit from May 2nd to May 15th 2013.. My husband Francis & I spent 5 nights in San Jose (3 on arrival & 2 on departure), 3 nights in Monteverde (Belmar hotel) and 5 nights in Arenal (Arenal Nayara Hotel). All arrangements were made via e mail and occassionally a phone call. Responses were very prompt, changes made according to our suggestions with no problem. Luis Diego was helping us with all this. From arrival in San Jose until departure everything worked as expected. Vehicles were comfortable, drivers fluent in English, pick up on time with nothing to complain about. Being Seniors we had only 2 tours - one to Poas Volcano in San Jose (it was a cloudy, rainy day so nothing could be seen) and the Trainforest ride in Monteverde. The latter gave me a chance to see the rare Quetzal on a short hike with the guide after the train stopped at the station. For this reason alone, it was worth the ride. Luis arranged for us to visit CostaRicanTrails office before our departure from San Jose. It was nice to meet Luis personally as well as the rest of the staff. We highly recommend CostaRicanTrails. Thank you Luis and the best to your company

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Trip arranged thru Costa Rican Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Costa Rica which I had arranged entirely thru Costa Rican Trails. The trip was customized for us based on info that I provided our contact Lorena. After a couple of changes to the itinerary, we were ready to go. From the time we landed in San Jose to the time we departed, EVERYTHING was perfect. All of our transfers arrived on time (if not early). Drivers were pleasant and helpful. The hotels were all clean and well appointed. The activities that we participated in were all chosen by Costa Rican Trails and we had a great time. We traveled to Arenal for 2 nights, Monteverde for 2 nights, Quepos/Manuel Antonio 2 nights and 1 night in San Gerardo de Dota. Our guides were professional, helpful and really made the tours interesting. All planning was done via email and I received prompt answers to all questions asked and changes proposed. We can't wait to go back to Costa Rica. Don't hesitate to use this company. Very nice people. Thanks Lorena.

Visited April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Not what we expected and more expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked our excursions (2 with this company) online before arriving in Costa Rica. Unlike others this was a costly mistake. Normally booking online excursions before hand will save $$$ but not with this company. Upon arriving we found out that MANY other travel places were doing the tenorio water rafting for $21 less pp and they were dropped off on the same bus as us minutes away! Three people 63$ more than the other groups on our same excursion and bus. VERY DISSAPPOINTING my fault I guess for picking them. To begin the day our driver was 30+ minutes late, which they called the desk as we are waiting at 620am. The thing the irritated me most was we were on an excursion the day before to Arenal with this company and they claimed they tried to get a hold of us last night to tell us that our driver would not be there til 650am-really 7am-I guess the company has never heard of leaving a message with the resort or contacting their guide we were on our excursion with from 8am-9pm??? The extra half hour of sleep would have been nice. The tour we took the day before, the arenal tour is a little deceiving in the wording that you can "hike the surroundings of the volcano" To me surrounding would be near the object something is surrounding, no this is not the case. You are taken to a trail that is about 20 min drive time away from the volcano you never visit the volcano you just look at it from a far. The hot springs are nice and the food on this excursion was incredible but we actually thought we would get near and actually walk on and or around the volcano. There was apparently no one else on this tour so we had to pay for a fourth person even though we were three so it was very $$ and no real volcano walk but nice to have a "private" tour I guess. The guides are great, speak english and are knowledgable and passionate about their country and its ecosystem

Visited April 2013
Orland Park, Illinois
“Doesn't get any better than this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Dont hesitate for one second to use Costa Rican Trails to book tours and transfers in Costa Rica! The transfers were always on time, polite and helpful with our bags or with questions or for stopping on the road to see passing monkeys! I did not rent a car so I used 4 transfers - 2 were private which allowed me to customize my trip. Dont hesitate to make the trip exactly how you want it. In one case i wanted to see a Poaz volcano but i was having trouble fitting it in so we booked it as a private tour/transfer combination from San Jose to Arenal. What a great idea - we had our own private tour guide for the whole day and our own private transfer. It cost a little more but was so worth it to see this attraction. I did the same thing on the way back to the airport at the end of the trip. I took a private transfer so that i could go straight from Manuel Antonio to the airport rather than spend another night in San Jose. What a great time-saver! And although more expensive, we saved the cost of the hotel so it was so worth it. All the tours (we did 5) exceeded our expectations - dont miss ziplining in Monteverde Selvatura Park - the best! And planning the trip was so easy. It was all via email which I prefer. David was so patient as I made countless changes to the itinerary and I asked question after question. He was always prompt, neat and thorough in his responses. I felt so taken care of the entire time on our trip which was important as i am a single mom traveling alone with two grade school aged children. I felt so safe and assured which allowed me to truly relax and enjoy this vacation. I would not consider any other tour company!! You just dont see this kind of service much anymore...Thank you!

Visited March 2013