“very pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KC Hotel San Jose

Save Saved
You added KC Hotel San Jose to your Saves list
KC Hotel San Jose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Morenos | 100m West 175m South From la Contraloria, Sabana Sur, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #38 of 85 hotels in San Jose
San Antonio, Texas
“very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel more than met my expectations. All needs were taken care of right away. The resturant was FABULOUS. They are working on the pool area, that is the only reason I didnt place 5th star. I plan to write a letter to their management commending multiple employees. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the atrium area as far back on the right as possible, quieter. Request AC although yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Playas del Coco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I find it hard to believe some of the reviews posted for this hotel (trip advisor will not let me post the reason why I think this happens and asked me to amend this review which I have done).
The front desk staff were not welcoming or friendly. A member of staff regularly walked around the breakfast buffet eating his breakfast while standing.
Our reservation (made on their online booking site) was for a king sized bed. We were not given this and when challenged and a copy of the confirmed reservation shown no apology was made or solution offered - just "we don't have one available."
We booked the "studio with equiped kitchen" - this is basically a sink unit on one side of the admittedly large bedroom. On the same unit were a coffee maker and two burner hotplate but there was no where to plug these in. (there was no socket nearby). There was a large fridge.
There was no extractor fan and as this cooker was in the same room as the bed if we had have cooked we would have had a very smelly room. In no way did this room merit the title "studio". There are for example no easy chairs or sofa, only a small dining table with ONE chair.
Construction work is going on in the hotel leading to noise during the day and ugly barriers near the swimming pool.
No one offered to help with our luggage - the room was on the first floor and there is no lift.
For large parts of the day during our stay there was a smell of sewage in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
maria p, Public Relations Manager at KC Hotel San Jose, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Sr
Thank you very much for choosing KC San Jose Colaye for your stay!
your comments are very important for us and we will take acction rightaway , it is always important to receive feed back.
We are very sorry that you are doubting in the other reviews posted for our hotel. Inconvenience with your stay don't means others experience the same!
I have to agree with you that we had some problems with the web site reservation system inventory updating and this way you find availability with King size bed for this dates, and for that we are very sorry and will assure it will not happened again! It is thru we were repairing one area in the pool area for our guest future connivance, but the work started after 09:00am and ends before 05:00pm and we are very sorry it affect your stay!

we hope to see you again and we will assure you will enjoy your stay with us

Hotel KC San Jose Colaye
Ostend, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hotel Colaye is my favorite place to stay in San José. Easy to get there, supermarket on the corner of the street, a beautiful park to go running, right between Downtown and Escazu it's the perfect place to stay when you need to do some shopping, or simply to have a good rest after an airport arrival or before you go on a trip in Costa Rica.
There are different kind of rooms, very good beds, equipped kitchen, tv, wifi, fan, laundry service, guarded parking and a BIG swimming pool.
I believe price/quality this is definitely one of the best hotels in Costa Rica!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
santa T
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I live already 7 years almost half of the year in Costa Rica and the other half in Belgium. Arriving in Hotel Colaye after a long trip feels always like coming home. The beds are so big and the rooms very cosy! The staff is always friendly, its clean and has a good restaurant. I love being close to the cinema and multiplaza and the hotel is just a 5 minutes drive, so perfect location! Its a real recommendation for a good start of your trip and a good end!!

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Colaye for many years and I don't know any other business that spends more time in constantly improving their service. It is very easy to find, also everybody you ask seems to know it, it's smack in the middle of everything you need in San José. Breakfast is great, the rooms are spacious and have really good Matrasses. I sleep like a baby everytime I'm there :-) staff is super friendly and helpfull way beyond their actual jobdescription.
Colaye is the place to be...

• Stayed February 2013
Playa Ocotal, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed one night at this property, then moved out to another hotel.

Not terrible, but you can do better for the same money.

The Good:

Clean and updated
Gated parking area with guard 24/7
Close to Sabana park

The Bad:
First room they gave us the a/c wouldn't turn off...freezing
Safe wasn't working in the room
Second room they offered us had a strong smell...think disinfectant on steroids
3d room OK, but right near the maid's station...started at 6am. Looked out over the entrance canopy and parking lot
Some dog in the neighbourhood barked all night...literally
Breakfast included in room rate...tepid effort
Music from corridor speakers loud all night
Internet wifi virtually non-existent
Poor sound insulation

Check around...lots better in the area

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here on the recommendation of my dentist here in San Jose. Location was the main reason for staying here and I walked everywhere. Did not need a car. Taxi just a phonecall away. Breakfast is included daily. Breakfast consisted of fruit, breads and rolls, eggs, rice and beans, meats and coffee, tea, juice. Staff go above and beyond in accommodating my needs. Being a solo traveler it was good to feel safe and secure. I didnt use the pool because the weather was a cool 70 degrees, but the pool was beautiful, surrounded by potted palms. The room was basic, a small television, large king sized bed, bathroom with a large shower that put out an endless supply of hot water with good force. Air conditioning not needed here and there was a large ceiling fan for air circulation. There is a safe in the room. Daily housekeeping. Walking distance to Sabana Park. Pharmacy across the street. Fernando made arrangements for a shared van from this hotel to another hotel in Parrita, Puntarenas where I will be staying for 6 days. I plan to come back to this hotel on December 5 and fly back home to the cold Michigan winter on December 6. Late checkout was no problem as my ride to Puntarenas would not arrive until 240 pm even though checkout is at noon. I saw no small children here, but there were a couple of teenagers with their families. Neighborhood is mostly business, however, residential area only a block away. Relatively quiet. Hotel is about a 30 minute drive from the airport (San Jose Santamaria) unless you are in rush hour traffic, then its a little longer.

Room Tip: No preference of rooms. Seems quiet no matter where you are, unless it rains. Then it is noisy, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to KC Hotel San Jose? Share your experiences!