“Just OK.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Taj Mahal

Restaurante Taj Mahal
1 km Oeste del Centro Comercial Paco calle vieja hacia Santa Ana, San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica, Escazu, Costa Rica
+506 2228 0980
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Costa Rica's Original Indian Restaurant. Established in 2002 serving Authentic North Indian Cuisine with such specialties as lamb, tandoori, vegetarian, chicken, seafood, an extensive list of curries, biryanis, and fresh naan. We also can recommend vegan and gluten free selections. We are a full scale restaurant with a wine list and bar service for our clients. We have a private room and outdoor terrace in our garden. WIFI, Delivery, and Catering Service available. Certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) as a 5 star establishment. We also now have a children's playground in our garden area.
San Antonio, Texas
“Just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The restaurant is cozy and the decor is nice, but if you love the spiciness of Indian food, you may be disappointed, both by the quantity of food served, and by the level of spice. It seems that the spiciness of the food has been greatly tempered (read that as "reduced") to accommodate the decilate Tico palate (Costa Ricans don't really like spicy food, and their palates really aren't trained to be comfortable with spiciness. Our meals here have been OK to disappointing because we expect Indian food to be spicy, aromatic, plentiful and delicious. If you don't like food that is highly spiced, you may enjoy a meal here. The service is consistently good.

Visited January 2013

Ojochal, Costa Rica
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I LOVE Indian food. This place has great atmosphere and the food is really good. The service was quick and efficient (almost to a negative, if you know what I mean). The food was tasty. I love the fact when I asked for some heat on a dish, they delivered. Good for you. When I want Indian food, this will be my choice in San Jose.

Visited January 2013
Tilaran, Costa Rica
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The best Hindu food in CR... very comfy, and great service.
a little over the budget though. I've tried different indian restaurants and this is the best one, very neat, and clean
I recommend the tendori chicken and the fruit punch.

Visited November 2012
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I never thought I would find truly authentic Indian Cuisine in Costa Rica. have lived here 10 years and decided to give it a go. Awesome food. great service. Nice atmosphere. Definitely the place to go for great food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Samara
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I know it has been ages since I went there and that is only because I now live 3+ hrs from SJO. But if I lived there, it would be a place a would visit often. The food is always wonderful! Highly recommended!