“Great Indian Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Taj Mahal

Restaurante Taj Mahal
1 km Oeste del Centro Comercial Paco calle vieja hacia Santa Ana, San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica, Escazu, Costa Rica
+506 2228 0980
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Costa Rica's Original Indian Restaurant. Established in 2002 serving Authentic North Indian Cuisine with such specialties as lamb, tandoori, vegetarian, chicken, seafood, an extensive list of curries, biryanis, and fresh naan. We also can recommend vegan and gluten free selections. We are a full scale restaurant with a wine list and bar service for our clients. We have a private room and outdoor terrace in our garden. WIFI, Delivery, and Catering Service available. Certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) as a 5 star establishment. We also now have a children's playground in our garden area.
Ojochal, Costa Rica
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I LOVE Indian food. This place has great atmosphere and the food is really good. The service was quick and efficient (almost to a negative, if you know what I mean). The food was tasty. I love the fact when I asked for some heat on a dish, they delivered. Good for you. When I want Indian food, this will be my choice in San Jose.

Visited January 2013

Tilaran, Costa Rica
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The best Hindu food in CR... very comfy, and great service.
a little over the budget though. I've tried different indian restaurants and this is the best one, very neat, and clean
I recommend the tendori chicken and the fruit punch.

Visited November 2012
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I never thought I would find truly authentic Indian Cuisine in Costa Rica. have lived here 10 years and decided to give it a go. Awesome food. great service. Nice atmosphere. Definitely the place to go for great food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Samara
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I know it has been ages since I went there and that is only because I now live 3+ hrs from SJO. But if I lived there, it would be a place a would visit often. The food is always wonderful! Highly recommended!

guanacaste
“I want Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Once again our delightful host at Casa Isabella gave us a great recommendation for eating out Indian food this time. We love Indian food and were not disappointed. We love lamb and we had two different lamb choices . We started with the Onion Bhaji and it was delightful. Ending with cucumber raitia ...most satisfying dinner. So glad we had the opportunity while in Escazu to dine out Indian !

Visited February 2013