“Peaceful R&R” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Escazu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escazu
Villa Escazu
You added Villa Escazu to your Saves list
900 mts West of Banco Nacional, Escazu 1250, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Escazu B&B and Inns
Annandale, Virginia
“Peaceful R&R”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went to CR to have implants done and stayed at Villa Escazu. There were a number of qualified dentists in San Jose, but I chose to have the work done in Escazu because I wanted to stay in a quiet place close by to relax and recover from the procedure , but away from the city. Villa Escazu exceeded my expectations. The lovely and gracious Inez Chapman has created a little paradise above the valley. A little off the beaten path, but not by much. If your looking for a room to stay in, you'll be better off at a big hotel, but if your looking for a peaceful outdoor space to relax in, Villa Escazu is the spot for you.

Room Tip: The choice is between a studio or 1 bedroom apartment. If your partner sleeps in get the apartment!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just returned from a one month stay at the beautiful and very tranquil Villa Escazu. I truly enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of the Owner, Inez, she is everything everyone here says she is very gracious warm and welcoming. Escazu is a small town just outside Sa Jose and slightly higher up the mountain where there used to be coffee plantations, it has nice views of the City and gets a very pleasant breeze and is slightly cooler than San Jose and even 5 blocks lower in the Central part of Escazu. Inez has created the most perfect and fabulous garden since she moved there 22 years ago. I stayed in the studio apartment which has a lovely covered arcade which looks into the garden where I had my meals while watching the amazing rain come pouring down keeping everything green and growing. I still remember the wonderfully uplifting feeling waking up there and smelling the air after the night of rain. If you would like to stay off the beaten path in an amazing garden to relax and be at peace this is definitely the place to go. Wishing all of your trips will be as wonderful as mine.

Jerome

Room Tip: The studio is the best with the patio on the garden
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We loved our stay with Inez. She was extremely helpful in planning the rest of our trip beyond the stay in Escazu. We really enjoyed her home cooking and her service. She was kind enough to invite the other guests (who were staying in the apartments) to join us for breakfast so we could all get acquainted. She arranged all the local transportation including from the airport. We are sorry we didn't have more time in Escazu. We would definitely return to stay with Inez next time.
The Hardy's from Albuquerque, NM

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed with Inez for dental work with Nova Dental... It was my first time in Costa Rica and it helped considerably that I had an expat from my home country to help me find my way! The place is a little oasis right outside the city. Close enough to get there quickly, but far enough to feel like you are on your own island.

I have to go back in six to eight months for more work...and I will be staying with Inez at the Villa again. Can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in the studio downstairs. It's an oasis to itself.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was a long time resident of Costa Rica (15 years). I repatriated to Canada in 1995. Since then, I return every year to visit with friends and receive medical treatment. I have come to know Inez and she is truly one of the most reliable, trustworthy, and well travelled individuals in Costa Rica. With almost thirty years of local knowledge, there is little this intimate hotelier does not know about where and how to visit local attractions. Short or Long term accommodations, family or single size rooms makes Villa Escazu the perfect "Home Sweet Home", away. I have stayed with Inez every year since 1995 and have enjoyed the romance of the home and property, which is totally surrounded by tropical flaura and fawna, birds, and other small animals. The inclusion of FREE WiFi high speed internet makes connection to the rest of the world - a non-issue. If you decide to purchase breakfasts, you are in for a treat because Inez should be rated among the graduates of Le Cordon Blu - her home cooking is incredible. I very much look foward to our annual visit like clockwork.

Howard K. - Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: The two lower apartment units are generally reserved for long term stays and are complete efficiency...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Alajuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I highly recommend the Villa Escazu having just spent 3 nights there with the gracious and fascinating owner/hostess Inez Chapman. The Villa is close to the center of Escazu yet it maintains its secluded, tranquil and lush atmosphere with vistas to the central valley below and beyond. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there from the perfect and spotless accomodations to the scrumptious gourmet breakfasts prepared by Inez with care to all details. While we were fortunate to have the B and B accomodations there we also toured the Studio and gardens and will look forward to an extended stay in the Studio in the future. A big plus for us was also the secure, behind the gates, private parking for our vehicle since we drove there from our home on the Osa Peninsula. So all this, with the delightful company of Inez, at an affordable rate as well, made this a most enjoyable visit for otherwise mundane business, i.e. dentist and doctor appointments!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JENSEN BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently returned from my second stay at Villa Escazu. It was time to complete my dental work at nearby NOVA Dental Clinic. Arriving at the B&B I immediatel noticed how different it looked from my last visit. Rainy Season had everything lush and green with flowers blooming everywhere. I was greeted by Inez and it was good to see her. I enjoyed her Company throughout the stay. The studio once again served as my home away from home. It is so convenient for preparing early morning coffee and any meals that you don't choose to eat out. Also nice to be able to pick up some incredibly fresh fruit, veggies, juice, tamales etc from the nearby Sat market and enjoy at leisure. Inez invited me up for breakfast one morning and proved, once again what a terrific cook she is. The views from the verandah are lovely in the morning looking up toward the mountain and in the evening down over San Jose. I enjoyed watching the variety of birds which visit throughout the day and the playful squirrels. Something about this area inspires me to get out and walk which I did daily. The old Escazu Centro neighborhood is just down the hill and one day I walked as far as the Multi Plaza. While I was pleased to complete the dental work, I am sad that I don't have that as an excuse for another visit to Villa Escazu in the near future!

Room Tip: The large upstairs B&B room has an addtl bed if you have a child or xtra adult The downstairs s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Villa Escazu? Share your experiences!