“Fantastic getaway in the Heart of the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall

You added Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall to your Saves list
Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Prospero Fernandez Highway | in front of Multiplaza Shopping Center, Escazu 11856-1000, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Escazu
Statesville, NC
“Fantastic getaway in the Heart of the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is yet another Intercontinental that really becomes the centerpiece of the city. With an outstanding lobby (at Christmas, they put up a 40 foot all tree!) with a nice casual bar to the three restaurants (all great!) to the infinity pool, this is an awesome place to visit. They've completed renovations to add a new wing to the hotel that includes a wonderful spa.

Service is nothing less than to be expected - from the sit down desk at check in (for those of us Ambassadors) to the very well appointed rooms and the complimentary snacks & cocktail bar overlooking the pool.

In 20 visits, NEVER a complaint - this has become our starting and ending spot every time we go to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: If you are not an IHG Ambassador, I'd suggest you sign up before you visit. Most rooms overlook...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear DMSterling, I am speechless after reading your review, you not only know every detail of our service and product but you are also familiar with our traditions, it’s priceless… We hope to host you not 20 but 100 more times. Thank you, Ramon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My god, I loved this hotel. It's just lovely. Great service, good food, beautiful pool, nice rooms. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Little pricey, but you're sitting in the lap of luxury, and Costa Rica isn't a cheap country.

Room Tip: try to get one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Nicole B, we are in love with you after this review, thank you and come back soon,it will be our pleasure to spoil you once again. Regards, Ramon
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was an exceptional holiday weekend experience. The food at The Market and Nau restaurants was superb and the service was fantastic. I was able to take advantage of the spa and club tower amenities as well as valet parking. My suite was very nice and the bed was so comfortable. I have to travel back to Escazu at the end of the week and I will definitely check into the Intercontinental. This hotel is an amazing hotel that everyone should experience.

Room Tip: Select the club tower options for additional amenities.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear 4lizz2, I’m speechless after such great review. Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back many more times. Ramon
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is just wonderful. The lobby is open, welcoming, overlooking the interior pool and gardens. Our room was perfect, not one detail overlooked. I am picky! We just had breakfast in The Market restaurant on the terrace. Our server Fernando Alverez greeted us with the most beautiful smile and service was excellent. We also had dinner at the steak house on the property last night. Julio, our server, was also excellent. We are looking forward to another wonderful night here before heading back to the beach in Tamarindo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Diane L, thank you for choosing us as your preferred location during this weekend getaway; it is great to know you experienced our high class service and product. I’ll definitely pass your review to Fernando and Julio. We look forward to welcome you back, Ramon
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is easily one of the worst high end hotels that I have stayed in. The quality and service level that I encountered was diametrically opposed to this hotel's positioning. Behind the impressive external appearance of this property was a generally poorly trained staff, under maintained facilities, and low standard of excellence. To provide a few examples, the bathroom fan in my room literally roared. It sounded like it was ready to quit any time. My colleague reported the same for his room. Upon checking in at 10:30 pm, I tried to call room service for 30 mins straight and there was no answer. I called the front desk for help, and they said they would "leave a message" for room service to call me back. No one called. I finally had to go down to the restaurant to order the food myself. The waiter grudgingly took my order, and it would be almost another hour before I saw my food, after I called twice to follow up. All told, it took me 2 hours to get my food. Breakfast service in the hotel restaurant The Market was no better. Dirty tables and uncoordinated wait staff were the norm. Then, when checking out, we were told that the printers were down and we couldn't get our printed invoices. It was overall a very poor experience. I would definitely stay elsewhere on my next business trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Siyuen, I am extremely sorry for all the opportunities you encountered during this short business visit, these are great examples for our staff to improve their service levels. We would like to welcome you back reason why I ask you to contact directly our Director of Rooms, Ernesto Carrero (ernesto.carrero@r-hr.com) should you decide to give us a second chance. Thank you, Ramon Diago
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We got in late and had to leave early but thought the hotel was beautiful and clean. Comfortable beds and good food. The club level has a nice lounge with a good happy hour with FREE drinks and food. The pool area is large, but the jacuzzi was just ok. We didn't get to the spa, but it looks luxurious. Our only negative was that it was quite expensive for comparable hotels we have visited for a basic hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear LouiseSun, I understand your concern about the cost of our services, specially as your accommodations were located in our Club Tower where we also have our Executive Lounge with all its perks. Thank you for your review, Ramon
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have absolutely no complaints of this hotel. The rooms are spacious, a good standard. Breakfast is really great with a good choice on the buffet, also had dinner which was also very good. Staff are very friendly and attentive, sometimes there can be a queue at the reception though. Also the hotel is very accommodating for our upcoming event - very helpful and flexible in all areas. Highly recommended!

Also there is a huge shopping mall as well as other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Philipp_J1968, we understand we cannot be perfect but we do our best to provide the best, your review is full of positive comments reason why we even appreciate your feedback about the front desk delays more. Best regards, Ramon

Been to Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall? Share your experiences!