I thought I had wrote this back in March but appears I hadn’t, have just recently stayed in the hotel and this review should be compared to the most recent stay as it is difficult to understand how the hotel could have changed so much in such a short space of time.
Having stayed in the hotel twice before it is always a hotel you look forward to staying in and having an extended trip for nearly 3 weeks allowed us to use the most of the hotels facilities. Frirst thoughts are the new Market restaurant is that its fantastic concept, smart appearance, open plan cooking, order effectively what you like and 24 hour availability. Food was very reasonable and quite tasty only downside is the overzealous waiter who the second you put the last mouthful of food into your mouth they take your plate away. Breakfast was amazing held in the new Market but so much food to choose from it is unbelievable, fresh fruit like melon and pineapple plus many others, hot foods of all kinds and lots of pastries you will leave wondering how you will ever like with just cereal again. Only downside is there wasn’t enough staff to be able to cope with all of the customers, often you had to wait for coffee or get your own juice, stark contrast to the evening Market.
My room was on the 5th floor with the beautiful view of the pool, Rooms are as expected, good beds but members of our party had trouble with the bed mattress feather toppers which don’t seem to fit the whole bed correctly. Only issue was the brown water that came out of the tap after a few nights, luckily I was washing my face and not cleaning my teeth when it came out, learnt to use bottled water from then on.
I had full signal wifi unlike my previous stay where you struggled to get a single bar when I was on the third floor, but other members of my party were not so lucky and needed to use the sit on the toilet or sit near the door trick to get a signal (hotel didn’t bother so send anyone to fix this even though they were asked many times)
Hotel staff range from very good to not bothered, concierge team have to be the best in the business, shame front desk aren’t and we had a bad experience with a waiter in the Italian restaurant who continued to snarl at us until someone asked if he had a problem and we wouldn’t tip if things didn’t improve.
Used the steam rooms and sauna, gym and are all excellent, even used the laundry service on many occasions, good service all-round.
Hotel extremely busy, especially with the caravan tours, breakfast could be a horrible time with the queues at 6am but often we were just waved through as the staff became to know us.
My last stay I commented on the prices charged by the hotel taxis and have to say that there has been much improvement, taxis are now always around the same price and you can also charge to the room.
As a Priority Rewards member we received a free bottle of water.
Due to stay later in the and can’t wait to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally positioned for business or leisure, discover an urban retreat in the heart of Escazú. Adjacent to the city’s most prestigious shopping mall with 365 stores, bars and restaurants and to Escazú Corporate Center. This San José, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including 2 outdoor pools in landscaped gardens, the largest urban spa in Central America and 4 unique concept restaurants, The Market, Factory Steak & Lobster, NAU and Alfredo Trattoria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu