“Great appetizers in a new section of Escazu” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Great appetizers in a new section of Escazu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stopped in out of curiosity for cocktail hour wine and snacks. They have a nice wine list and I think we were their for Happy Hour (don't know Spanish so not sure). We ordered 3 items. The ceviche with mixed seafood was clean and flavorful. The langoustine tail on a bed of ice with a creamy sauce on the side was the best. Finally we had a plate with octopus and onion with a wonderful spice flavor. The service was great and our waitress with a little English was sweet.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Costa Rica
“overburdened on a Sunday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Having read the other reviews, I wasn't sure that I was in the same restaurant. We went for the oysters and the plain oysters were ok, presentation was very nice though. The Oysters Rockefeller were terrible, but the presentation was nice. We were starving so we ate a few, but it wasn't worth it. The service was good for Costa Rica, but waiting an hour for your food was not cool. We realized that they were busy so we didn't say anything, but we were ready to walk over to the food court next door to get something. There were only three of us and after waiting an hour, they served us each one at a time. My lobster bisque was absolutely inedible. I asked for bread and it was brought quickly, but unfortunately, the chef tried to dress it up without toasting it and poured butter sauce of time type on it and it was also terrible. For the good side, my daughter's fish and chips were excellent and she shared them with me so I wouldn't starve. My husband's fish was brought to the table about 10 minutes after our food and while the presentation was the best I have ever seen for a whole cooked fish, the first cut proved that it wasn't even cooked and had to be returned. He waited about 10 more minutes and they brought the fish back cooked and it was very good. We told the waiter that my soup was inedible and he asked why, but there was no offer for anything else or a refund. We paid full price - which was a lot - and were very disappointed. Our local cevecheria does better fish for only 3,000 colones - without the presentation though. We won't be back - there are too many good restaurants in the area to waste our time and Money with this place. The beer was excellent also.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Micro brews on tap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I go here all the time for tasty local micro brews they have on tap. The food is a bit pricey for lunch but I don't mind paying a little extra knowing my seafood is responsibly sourced . I usually go with the Ahi Tuna burger or the fish and chips.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Outstanding seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Delicious, fresh, creative and brilliant dishes. I ordered a salmon dish and it was wonderful, juicy, tasty, with a delicate outer crust. The sauce and vegetables that came with it were excellent too! The service is truly amazing too, our waiter was extremely professional and polite. This is really a special place, will definitely come back!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy oysters and good atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We only had after dinner drinks there and had oysters with our drinks. Very good oysters, we also received a few more compliments of the bar/kitchen. We liked the atmosphere and it is a very modern place. Great service too!! Would have gone there for dinner the next time if we had time as the food at the next table looked good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere