“Best way to stay in San Jose” 5 of 5 stars

You added Casa Cristal Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Cristal Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Bello Horizonte, Escazu 10201, Costa Rica   |
New York City, New York
“Best way to stay in San Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was such a great find on Trip Advisor. The hotel is so clean and very peaceful. It is a small boutique hotel as an alternative to mainstream tourist trap hotel. The rooms are very nice and the views are great. The place looks brand new overall. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in arranging activities around San Jose and securing transportation. If you like peace and tranquility in a boutique hotel this is your place. It is worth noting that the hotel is not in the city center; it is in Escazu. The location is easy to reach but does require travel and directions up into the hills can be tricky which was helped by signage the entire way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Beverly K

As you are preparing for your trip to Costa Rica and visiting the Escazu area, you must consider Casa Cristal. This gem is tucked into the mountainside, away from the sounds of the city, but close enough to downtown Escazu. Victor and Zeida were the perfect hosts for the weary traveler that I was, in much in need of a vacation and rejeuvenation. The staff was attentive and always available for information, help and recommendations. The views from my room were absolutely amazing, the lights of the city and the mountain side all in one. When I was leaving after my 10 day stay, I took with me memories of new found friends. I am a repeat traveler to Costa Rica for over 20 years and have stayed at several accomodations. I highly recommend Casa Cristal for the Escazu area.

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Carteret, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a different type of hotel. There are only eight rooms but the small number of rooms allow for more attentive service and the service is excellent. Upon arriving my girlfriend and myself were greeted by one of the owners - Zeida. Shortly thereafter we were joined by her husband Victor. We preceded to talk for about an hour. You would of thought that we knew each other. I was impressed by the quality of the service, the cleanliness of the hotel and the stunning views of San Jose from the hotel. Although the hotel is located a good distance from San Jose, you can take a taxi to the city center for about $13 and spend the day exploring the city. Also, I strongly recommend the chicken cooked in white sauce with mushrooms at the hotel restaurant. Unfortunately, I was only there for one night passing from Panama to Nicaragua. I enjoyed my stay so much that I can't see staying anywhere else when I return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelCasaCristal, Propietario at Casa Cristal Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
It is a wonderful feeling to meet great people! Casa Cristal has given us the opportunity to share time with amazing people from all over the world that we would have never met otherwise. It is actually a blessing. It was quiet a pleasure for both Victor and myself to meet you, and we certainly thank you for staying at Casa Cristal. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you return in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Most Amazing views from my room in the mountains over looking the city! I stayed 8 days and it still wasn't enough to see all the sights. This was by far the most beautiful resort with the best staff I have ever seen or stayed at! I highly recommend it!!! :-)

• Stayed November 2012
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The location of the hotel was very difficult to find (specially for dirst timers, like us), mainly because the signs indicating the way were too small, the letters used on them were not very clear and the place where the signs where settled was not exactly the best. However, once we got to the hotel we received a first class service.

Room Tip: This place had 8 rooms, the best are the between # 2 and #7, #8 is practically under the and # in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We just came back from a five vacation at Casa Cristal, and we would really like to express our gratitude for such an excellent stay. The hotel is beautiful, the service is great, the view is outstanding, the rooms are extremely comfortable, and the owners / staff make you feel just at home. From the moment that my wife and I arrived to Casa Cristal we felt as if we had been welcomed by our own family. Zeida and Victor made sure that we were pleased and satisfied with every single detail, including their warmth and friendliness. This boutique hotel offers the most incredible quality that anyone can possibly expect, and definitely leaves you with the deep desire to stay with them again in the future. We had already visited Costa Rica two previous times, and even though we had always had a terrific time in that beautiful country, this has undoubtedly been our favorite vacation in Tico Land. Our most sincere compliments to all the staff of Casa Cristal!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
McAllen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very wolcoming staff. Highly recommend having them make your taxi arrangement from airport to the hotel. I kept number handy thru out the trip and used same taxi driver. Casa Cristal is somewhat hidden up in the hills so having trustworthy taxi driver made us feel safer.

I highly recommend taking advantage of the morning breakfast and cafe con leche! The staff was very hospitable and the rooms comfy and clean. There are so many great sitting areas to have a drink and enjoy the view!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Casa Cristal Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!