“The Best Hotel Motel Inn in all of Central America” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paradise

Save Saved
You added Hotel Paradise to your Saves list
Hotel Paradise
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 KM S Iglesia San Antonio de Escazu, Escazu 23556, Costa Rica (Formerly BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn & Spa)   |
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in Escazu
Carmel, California
“The Best Hotel Motel Inn in all of Central America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the BEST most enjoyable hotel Inn in all of Central America! Nothing comes close to this hotel Inn in all of Costa Rica. This is the very Best for your money. The location is the BEST most scenic location in all of Costa Rica. Nothing compares. This Inn is only a 40 cent bus ride into San Jose one way each hour. This is the most scenic hotel Inn in all of Costa Rica. The employees have been carefully selected. They are all the most professional, most intellient and most courteous men in women that I have ever seen in any hotel in all of Costa Rica. These hotel Inn employees are only happy if their guests are Happy at the Paradise Inn. This hotel
on the Mountain side over looking San Jose, has a better view than the Ifel tower in Paris France and for only a fraction of the cost. Al, is the Manager and owner of the Paradise Inn. Don't even think about staying at any other motel or Inn in Costa Rica when you are visiting the San Jose area. Nothing even comes close to what this Inn offers. There is also an excellent restaurant only one block away if you prefer eating out at a nearby restaurant near this Best Western Inn. The nearby Americana Restaurant even has music on Friday and Saturday nights. It's less than a city block away from the Best Western . Al, a retired medical doctor, the owner and manager is an excellent super friendly intelligent man who is originallly from southern Florida and the Florida Keys. He speaks perfect English and perfect Spanish. If you like dogs, this is the place to stay. Al loves Dogs and has 5 or 6 very friendly loveable pet dogs and a couple friendly cats on the property all looking to get petted. This Inn was kind of a home away from home . I spent two full weeks there. I hated to depart this excellent Inn on my last day. I'm now thinking about purchasing some land nearby this excellent Inn and build my home up on this same super beautiful mountainside. What a super beautiful view of the city each and every evening! The best mountain side view of a city that I've ever experienced in all of Latin America.
Nothing compares to this super scenic mountain side Best Western Inn location. This is the best ! Thanks Al ! Also I thank all the excellent professional thoughtful curteous kind staff at the Paradise Inn Best Western! DEAN

Room Tip: All the rooms are super clean and the location is super quite, safe and very secure. You won't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

For the cost of $50.00 a night it was more than worth it!! The view overlooking the city of San Jose from this hotel is absolutely amazing! The staff was very friendly and very attentive to whatever we needed. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We even told our friends that live in Cartago and they will most likely try to spend a night or two up there just for a little get away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have never lodged at an establishment Like this one where every one from The Owner Raul right down to every member of his staff did so much to make me comfortable. They asked if I had any special needs I had a couple and they tended to them cheerfully and at no additional charge. Julia (whom I would Nominate for Maid of the year if such a title exists) and the other maids not only cleaned the room but sanitized and deodorized every day. The Chef was masterful not only Creating dishes that I could eat after my surgery but he made delicious them as well. The view of San Jose is awesome. The Hotel itself immaculate. But I must reiterate the It is the people that make this Inn among the best places That I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: The north facing Rooms have the best view.
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

the only thing nice about this hotel is the view, no pool, no spa at all, bussines center is one computer, ugly and not clean rooms, worst breakfast ever, taxis wont go to the hotel after 18:00 affraid of being robbed

Room Tip: stay away fron this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raul C, General Manager at Hotel Paradise, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Felipe,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry your experience was not a pleasant one.
We have review your comments and found that you had left the do not disturb sign on your door therefore housekeeping informed us that after seeing it, they did no clean the room following our policy of not disturbing the guests whe the sign is hanging on the door. We sincerily regret that misunderstanding
We do have a small swiming pool. We do not have a Spa. But upon request we do offer pedicure, manicure, and masage. We do have for our guest a computer and printer in the lobby for their convenience
The breakfast is continental and complementary. Guest can order breakfast from the menu at a cost.
San Jose, as any big city, has some problems with crime, but this is not Mexico City,we have never heard that taxis are afraid to drive to the Hotel. This is basically a very safe area.
We are making changes to improve the quality and service we provide. We thank you for your comments.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Don't know where to start.Suppose to be a nine day stay, left as fast as i could the next morning.Lets start with dirty, bad area,no one spoke english, the room was a joke, small , smelled awfull.I almost started crying laying on the bed.Honestly this place makes a motel 6 in the states look like a Hilton.Just decided to leave as quickly as possible and knew of a slightly more expensive resort which was absolutely incredible.I'm not over stating that this place should be condemmed it's that disgusting, all because i was saving 15 dollars a night.Just want people to be warned.

North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having stayed in the Multiplaza area of Escazu, I wanted something a little more quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of Escazu. The Best Western Paradise Inn was the perfect solution. The views over downtown San Jose are incredible - both during the day and at night when the lights are laid out at your feet. The staff made every effort to make me feel welcome and were very friendly.

Right up front, this is not a five star hotel (but then the prices aren't five start either). The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The property is also maintained well. While there aren't a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance, the hotel restaurant serves a light breakfast (complementary - boiled eggs, coffee, juice, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and yogurt), lunch, and dinner. The lunch and dinners are well prepared, a nice variety menu, well presented, and good portions - and the prices are very reasonable.

The only downside is that the hotel isn't easy to locate - either use a GPS or call and get turn by turn directions (not unusual for any driving in Costa Rica). I spoke with one couple staying at the hotel that had wandered for over 3 hours looking for the hotel (I would have given up and asked for help after 1 hour).

The combination of a quiet, relaxing location, rooms are clean and comfortable, friendly staff, decent restaurant on property makes this a good value for the money. The views are priceless.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms 16 through 28 have incredible views and a shared patio with chairs to enjoy look...
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked Best Western Paradise Inn & Spa for the last 3 days of my holidays in Costa Rica with the idea of having a quiet, peaceful place to get myself ready for the work afterwards. Indeed sitting in front of the window of my room was such a visual luxury. I very much agree with lots of reviews here about the friendly staff - they care about visitors!
Special thanks to Raul for a ride to Escazú so I can save some bucks for my errands in the city. Bryan for helping with the taxi arrangement and other requests. I forget the name of the chef but his casado and chicken sandwich are AWESOME!
One thing for others to consider is the location. It is a bit of remote to San José downtown, so it's worthwhile to take this into account when arranging activities.
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country that I'll come again. When I come, I'll book this hotel, too!

Room Tip: Join the Best Western Rewards to get an upgrade, which has a better view of the city from your room.
Raul C, Owner at Hotel Paradise, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Here at BW Paradise Inn we look forward for costumer satisfaction. We want our guests to feel at home. We also value any feedback provided to us as it help us only to improve for the best.
Thank you for your review.

Been to Hotel Paradise? Share your experiences!