Having stayed in the Multiplaza area of Escazu, I wanted something a little more quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of Escazu. The Best Western Paradise Inn was the perfect solution. The views over downtown San Jose are incredible - both during the day and at night when the lights are laid out at your feet. The staff made every effort to make me feel welcome and were very friendly.
Right up front, this is not a five star hotel (but then the prices aren't five start either). The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The property is also maintained well. While there aren't a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance, the hotel restaurant serves a light breakfast (complementary - boiled eggs, coffee, juice, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and yogurt), lunch, and dinner. The lunch and dinners are well prepared, a nice variety menu, well presented, and good portions - and the prices are very reasonable.
The only downside is that the hotel isn't easy to locate - either use a GPS or call and get turn by turn directions (not unusual for any driving in Costa Rica). I spoke with one couple staying at the hotel that had wandered for over 3 hours looking for the hotel (I would have given up and asked for help after 1 hour).
The combination of a quiet, relaxing location, rooms are clean and comfortable, friendly staff, decent restaurant on property makes this a good value for the money. The views are priceless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Jose, Costa Rica, the Paradise Cosmetic Inn Surgical Recovery Center is just a few minutes away from all major hospitals and plastic surgeons clinics, airport. Our unique surgical recovery center inn was built especially for patients looking for the best surgical retreat and aftercare. Costa Rica plastic surgery, plastic surgeons and surgeons in general are world renowned for their skill expertise and professionalism. That is why Costa Rica excels in the field of medical tourism. Enjoy the best views of Central Valley on top of a breathtaking mountain. We offer a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in our beautiful new accommodations. Our English speaking nurses and professional staff are waiting to pamper and indulge your every need! Come and recover in the serene ambience of Costa Rica's natural beauty! Come and enjoy Costa Rica the country that offers the best medical tourism in the world! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Paradise Inn And Spa
- Best Western Paradise Hotel San Jose
- Hotel Paradise Costa Rica/Escazu