“"Amazing Sized Rooms"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beacon Escazu

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beacon Escazu to your Saves list
Hotel Beacon Escazu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 mts Oeste del Parque Central, Escazu 4013, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Escazu
san pedro
“"Amazing Sized Rooms"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We only got to stay here for a real short time but the property is beautiful. The room is spacious. The manager was very helpful with the exchanging of currency. Beware though, the two blocks we walked to get to the local bank was a bit shady. The bank didn't have an outdoor ATM and the doors were heavily chained. Odd! Make sure you have your local currency upon arriving here.

The spacious shower was great! I don't think we got to see the beautiful surroundings that everyone kept referring to in their reviews. It must have been in the opposite direction of the local bank.

Also, make your shuttle service from there a little bit early. Our guy was late with five minutes to spare, but thank goodness he was able to talk the local airlines to let us board.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexandra R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Beacon Escazu, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback!

We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you soon again.

Sunny regards from Costa Rica
The Team of the Beacon Escazú

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a jewel we found in the city of Escazu (Near San Jose, Costa Rica). It is extremely well desiged and makes you feel surrounded by nature right in the middle of town. Luckily we met the owners while we were there, and it explained more about the hotel....caring, and hands on, businessmen you want to do business with. From the manager to the chef (Jose Mar-who totally loves what he does) all were friendly, helpful and professional. In addition-WHAT A BARGAIN!! Connie and Nat Ballou - Seattle WA

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the city are wonderful but a little more noisy with street traffic. We chose i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Beacon Escazu, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hi Connie B!

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & also just have good words about our fine dining restaurant The Muse.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again in our hotel and you will always find present specials, packages and promotions on our webpage.

Your Beacon Escazu - Team
Ball Ground GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Conveniently located near the San Jose International Airport and Tobias Bolanos Airport. The hotel is within walking distance to the Fresh Market. When I needed a flash drive, we walked to a store within the same block. The Food is EXCELLENT. Front Desk staff is very knowledgeable. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexandra R, Director de Recepción at Hotel Beacon Escazu, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Hi MozartBallGround!

Thank you for your great comments!

It is an honor to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
You are always welcome and we hope to see yo soon again!

Your Beacon Escazu - Team
Ozone Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had a two week vacation planned with my wife and my idea was to stay at the beacon escazu for the first two nights and then move on. The location is ideal. I've heard many complaints from other travelers how much they didn't like staying in San Jose Central so I looked for something close by. This is a very nice and quiet hotel off the main beat. The hotel is elegant and cozy and doesn't have that feeling of a major hotel in a major city. I always felt the smaller a hotel, the more customer service and attention to detail you get.

You will feel right at home. The amenities are much more than most places offer. Beautiful clean rooms, free wifi, free international calls, free secured parking, free breakfast, gym, jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, rooftop, and the best part is the amazing staff. Leo Jimenez working the front desk was one of the best employees I have met. I had a horrible experience my first few hours with my wifes passport and the car rental and upon checking in late, Leo was wonderful with every detail. The comfort and support I was given was unparalleled. I have years of hotel work experience and I have yet to meet staff this nice. All service based industries are made up of staff. This place has the very best Costa Rica has to offer. I will defiantly be back and meet up with my friend again at the Beacon Escazu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hi Adam S!

Thank you so much for your detailled feedback!

We can read in every line that you enjoyed your stay in our Botique hotel as a 100%.
This is more than an honor for us, it's a mission which we like to complete for every guest who stays with us. It makes us proud to receive feedback like yours!

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel and to arrange another unforgettable stay in Costa Rica!

Your Team of the Beacon Escazu
Ojochal, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I live in Costa Rica and go to San Jose about once a month. I stayed in Beacon when they first opened a few years ago. Their prices have been pretty high, so haven't stayed since then. I noticed a good price, so I booked anxious to see how they were doing. There are some quirky things about the hotel, like the glass sidelights in by the doors. The glass between the shower and the room (which can be closed off with a shade). Mismatched towels, some ragged. The beds are the absolute best. Rooms very comfortable. The staff, excellent. Room service missed on several occasions including no towels or coffee left in the room. Did I mention the staff is excellent? They really go above and beyond.

They are located in the old part of Escazu. Very convenient if you have a lot of things to do in this area.

A major issue they have to work on is the food. Really bad. And really expensive. If they could get that right, they could be one of the top hotels in San Jose.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My son lives and works in San Jose. His boss from Long Beach, CA had stayed here for a business trip and also it was a 10 min bus ride from my son's office. My girlfriend from Atlanta took the trip with me and we met in Miami and flew together. We arrived in SJ around Noon on Sat Feb 18th and checked out on Feb 25th. The first room wasn't as large as it looked on the website, but it was very nice with a flat screen TV and large bathroom. The bedding was excellent! I had corresponded with one of the staff before my trip, so I had a nice rapport with him which was great! The other staff were very accomodating. I was pleasantly pleased at their version of "Continental Breakfast" which consisted of a nice portion of black beans and rice, cup of fresh fruit (wonderful), sliced tomatoes, toast and wonderful coffee with steamed milk. We did have a voucher for a free theraputic massage, but were too busy taking tours (which were wonderful). On Wed we transferred to a Suite because my son and his girlfriend were going to stay with us that night and although their was a little mix-up with the roll-away beds we had requested they quickly remedied it with reg twin size beds so everyone had a restful night. The bathroom in the Suite we moved to was beautiful with etched glass. As one person wrote, the neighborhood looks a little sketchey, however, my girlfriend and I walked to the park on Sunday and saw everyone leaving church. Lots of walking, riding taxis, tour buses and city buses for our visit and this hotel is close to all of these. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed here while having dental work nearby. The rooms were large and very clean. The linens were luxurious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful...especially Leo. He helped me book a great rafting trip and find a wonderful rental car company. The continental breakfast was very good. Upon checkin, they even give you a free drink coupon for their bar. They give free phone service for anywhere in the world and a great business center. Make sure you visit their sister property, The Grand Tara.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Beacon Escazu? Share your experiences!