“Excellent Costa Rica Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
China MI
20 attraction reviews
“Excellent Costa Rica Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband & I took this tour which started on 12-30-2012. This was our 1st escorted tour & were not 100% sure we would like this type of tour. We are both 38 and yes we were the youngest couple on the tour. This didn't bother us as it was nice not to have a bunch of young smart mouthed teens/early 20's in our group. We thoroughly enjoyed this trip. It was a good pace for us with many early starts/long days. My husband hates not keeping busy on vacations & like seeing all the sites. We thought this way the best way to see Costa Rica for the 1st time. The tour exceeded our expectations and loved the diverse enviroments that we were brought to. We thought Caravan took excellent care of us & in great comfort. Every detailed is worked out in advance so we didn't have to worry about our luggage, planning for the next day, directions etc. All the food was excellent, mostly buffets with a wide variety of fruits, veggies, desserts, fruit juices and meat/poultry. I was very surprised with the quality & quantity of food, and it wasn't Americanized, it was truly Costa Rican. Our tour director Jose was wonderful, very personable & knowledgeable. Our motorcoach driver Marcos was very talented and got us everywhere safe & in a timely manner. Our hotels were all very good, clean with nice gardens & pool areas (wrote sepearate reviews of them). All the sites we saw were amazing and went on some wonderful boat/nature tours. We saw 2 different volcanoes Poas & Arenal, went on a coffe tour, went to a pineapple plantation, some river cruises, saw so many animals, monkeys, birds,etc. Went on a hanging bridges hike, went to volcanic hot springs, visited a butterfly garden...the list goes on! I would highly recommend this Caravan tour, we thought it was a great value and once you know the wonderful things that Caravan does to support the local people & businesses you will agree.

Visited January 2013

Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a tour of Costa Rica with Caravan Tours. I cannot say enough good things about this trip! We loved every minute of it! Our Tour Guide, Elston Valentine, was the best Tour Guide we've ever had. Yes, you will spend a lot of seat time on the bus because you will travel all over the country and (let's face it folks) travel from the Caribbean to the Pacific side is not instantaneous. However, we had rest stops that were frequent and interesting, the food was good and plentiful at stops and during our stays. There was even entertainment at several stops/meals. Hotels were great, we saw all sorts of wildlife, heard from Elston not only about the wildlife, but about Costa Rican life. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Our driver, Giovanni, was amazing as well... I don't really know how he manages to drive that huge brand-new bus in the places he did. If you want to see Costa Rica, this is the way to do it!

Visited March 2013
central Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Caravan Tour Guatemala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our first tour and we were skeptical but it was fantastic! It was a bargain so we were surprised to get 4-star hotels and fantastic tours and all the extras. Guatemala is a gorgeous country with many poor areas but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our tour guide, Oscar is a great ambassador for the country that he loved. We stayed in the nicest hotels that I've ever seen and you can tell that Caravan has some pull since we all got lake view rooms at each hotel. Plenty of time to shop and to go out on your own or swim in the pool. Was such a nice group and it all flowed so easily, from bus to tour to food! All the food was wonderful and there was plenty and lots to choose from. There were extras not listed such as Mayan dancing and marimba players etc. We are ready to take another Caravan tour and highly recommend it to anyone on a budget but doesn't want to feel like they are...there is no skimping here! Overall FANTASTIC in all ways. Can't think of anything to improve on!

Carmel, Indiana
38 attraction reviews
“Caravan Tours offer a great Costa Rican Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I took a Caravan Tour to Costa Rica in February, 2013. When in the US we always travel on our own but in a foreign country where we don't know the language a tour is made for us. They took care of all lodging, meals, tours and coordinating the entire trip. All we had to do was fly to San Jose. We always fly in a day early because of potential flight issues. We booked the Aerial Tram of the Rain Forest for the day before the Caravan Tour began. I highly recommend it. We took 6 boat trip of the various rivers in Costa Rica and saw 3 species of monkeys, a scarlet macaw, caiman, alligators, crocodiles and more waterfowl than you can imagine. You could see the same animals in a zoo but it is nothing like seeing them in the wild. My favorite place was our 2 night stay at Laguna Lodge in Tortuguero National Park. You stay in a rustic lodge on a 600' foot wide property with the Rio Tortuguero on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other. You woke up to howler monkeys in the morning.

Just add up the cost of the boat tours, the bus transportation throughout the country, admission to 2 national parks, 26 meals, 9 night lodging, tours of the Hanging Bridges of Arenal, the pineapple plantation, the butterfly garden and coffee tour.

I highly recommend the experience.

My wife and I took a Caravan Tour to the Copper Canyon in Mexico several years ago and loved it. We met 2 ladies and have planned to join them in Halifax for thye Caravan Tour of Nova Scotia in September. It's not that we don't speak the langauge but Caravan takes care of everything and all you have to do ride the bus and enjoy the scenery.

PEORIA
“COSTA RICA Feb. 18-27, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just got back from a most amazing trip to Costa Rica with Caravan Tours. I chose Caravan because their price was very reasonable and the trip included TORTUGUERO. I was impressed from day one at the beautiful REAL Intercontinental Hotel and meeting our tour guide FAUSTO. I knew right away we were in good hands and were going to have a lot of fun. Our bus drive, JAIME, was fabulous and got through places I thought was impossible. He was very friendly even though he didn't speak English, and was a cautious, careful & great driver. Fausto and Jaime made a good team. Fausto was friendly, funny, extremely knowledgeable about plants, trees, flowers and all animals and reptiles. He was very helpful all the time. He made the trip fun and exciting and made sure we saw everything there way to see. The local guides in Tortuguero for the boat rides were excellent & knowledgeable also - especially Henry. For the reasonable cost of the trip, Caravan put us into first rate hotels, and I loved every one of them from start to finish. The food was plentiful everywhere and I enjoyed buffets so I could choose what I wanted to eat. I would highly recommend CARAVAN TOURS to Costa Rica to everyone, and I hope to travel somewhere else in the future with Caravan. Thank you for a memorable experience never to go forgotten.