“Certified in Costa Rica” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 57 Activities in Quepos
Type: Educational Sites, Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Oceans Unlimited is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort on the beautiful central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. They provide a fun, safe and high quality scuba diving service with diving and snorkel trips to Manuel Antonio & Isla de Cano. Oceans Unlimited offer PADI dive training with courses for beginners right up to PADI Professional level training. Their friendly instructors and dive staff are enthusiastic to give you the best underwater experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Parker
7 attraction reviews
“Certified in Costa Rica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My sons did their scuba training here in Colorado and when we went to Manuel Antonio for vacation we arranged their open water certification with Oceans Unlimited. The online process was smooth and easy. The staff was cordial and very professional. Thank you Alec, Brent, Paul, JT and and Ed for a great time. I highly recommend this dive shop - they made the trips fun, safe and an experience we will never forget.

Visited March 2013

San Diego, California
13 attraction reviews
“Good option for alternative activity on the Pacific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went with my sons who took the Discover SCUBA lessons, I am certified, so we had a little for everyone. Since that time, one son has become certified. I believe it had much to do with the way they were introduced to diving by the staff.

The water is not as clear as some other places in the world but a day underwater is always a good day. I would recommend it. Safety first.

I only dinged them because the dive site was less than optimal.

Visited April 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Instruction for Padi Discovery Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After arriving in Costa Rica and staying about a half hour north of Quepos in Palo Seco my girl friend and I decided to find a place to scuba dive. She is certified but hadn't dove in a long time and, ironically, is not very comfortable under the water, and I had never been. We happened upon Oceans Unlimited while walking around Quepos waiting on our zip-line tour with Midworld (also a fantastic tour). I signed up for my Padi discovery dive lesson and first dive for 2 days later.

The instruction was very good, what I'd expect and we covered all of the basics of scuba diving rules and safety measures. Including a short video it took a total of an hour and a half or 2 hours. Following the instruction we grabbed lunch and then were taken to some islands off the coast of Manuel Antonio national park in the early afternoon.

The instructor, Alec, did a fantastic job during our first dive making sure that I was following the correct instructions but also assisting my girlfriend who was struggling a bit. He had double duty but was still able to assist me while keeping my girlfriend calm and reminding her of the things she had learned during certification. The dive was a 40 foot dive in a really cool location (at least for a novice).

Then we were able to go on a second dive. My gf decided to stay in the boat and Alec and I were able to swim around down around 40 feet again and see many large fish, eel, lobsters, a mini-sea snail and some other sea life.

If I go back I would dive with Oceans Unlimited again.

Spencerport, New York
“Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently went on a dive adventure and the staff was great. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in anything you needed. They kept extra equipment on the boat, had tools in case anything needed adjustments and provided drinks and snacks. It was a good time and we will go out with them again when we return to Quepos.

Baden, Pennsylvania
“PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

IDC Staff Instructor Testimonial about the IDC Staff Instructor training given by Oceans Unlimited of Costa Rica
Bottom Line up Front: I was an Instructor and mentor for over thirty years of Military and Military Type of Service, Miss King at all times Teaches and Instructs on the Highest Professional Level, and is a huge asset to the PADI Community and Oceans Unlimited. With that being said I will cover the training I received to attain my IDC Staff Instructors certification.
Lectures: Where conducted in a very professional manner and setting by Miss Georgia King. Not only does she teach in a methodical and precise manner as to instill and reinforce the PADI Standards. She is a fun Instructor who has a vast amount of practical experience and training to draw from. She is an instructor that others would want to emulate.
PE / Presentations: Her teaching method sets one up for success. She insists that the IDC Staff Instructor students sit through all IDC candidates Lectures and Presentations. This helps out greatly to insure that there no doubt of the requirements and responsibilities that will be placed on the future IDC Staff Instructor. She expects these students to be better than the IDC Candidates and gives them the Tools and Knowledge to achieve these expatiation. When learning to grade the IDC Candidates this training completed in three phases. You will Observe Georgia evaluate, grade or mark them properly debrief them, the IDC Candidate. Next session you will evaluate, grade or mark them and then compare your marks to hers and explain how and why you reached your decision. She inquires as to how you reached your decision and helps you to refine your ability to find praise and short falls that can help and IDC Candidate achieve their goal and pas the Instructor’s Exam or IE. In the third phase you are at the point where your marks are parallel with the Course Directors and are given to opportunity to debrief the student or students, thus building yourself confidence
Testable knowledge: Georgia has the uncanny ability of not only teaching your what is required to pass any exam or practical exercise, but any possible real world test that could possibly pops its nasty head up. She cannot teach one every possible scenario that could physically happen, but she will do her best to cover all of them.

In closing if you wish learn and grow in a Professional Scuba Training Environment and Shop look no further than the Oceans Unlimited PADI 5 Star IDC and their Course Director Miss King and to expand and enhance your Diving Career!

James J. Timney