My wife and I rented a unit in the complex for a total of three weeks. The villas are very comfortable and clean, but what made our stay so enjoyable was how secluded the property feels. At night you can sit on the porch or at the rancho and if you are quiet all you can hear are the sounds of the surrounding nature. It is a great atmosphere to enjoy sitting by the pool and reading books and feeling comfortable having lazy days. That atmosphere is nurtured by a wonderful staff. Maria is the onsite manager and exudes Pura Vida. She was so welcoming and warm. She really added to our vacation. Anna and Anna the two housekeepers were super helpful, and Carlos and Javier the two night watchmen were incredibly friendly and fun to practice Spanish with! The kitchens in the units are great and have enough necessities to allow for cooking most anything if you're creative. We made most of our meals there. The property is located pretty far from town and not on the bus route, so unless you want to call a cab every time you go anywhere you will need a car. It was a bit of a draw back, but this is what affords it's seclusive peace and quiet, which is becoming a rare commodity in the area. There are many wonderful activities to do in the area. We went on a Canopy tour with Canopy Safari, whitewater rafting with Unique tours, fishing with Merlin on the Harley Marlin 2, hiked to Niyouca waterfall, visited Manuel Antonio National Park and explored a dozen beaches from Jaco to Dominical. The only negative thing I have to say about our experience was booking the reservation with a guy named Michael. He was never available, wouldn't return our calls, and added an unreasonable amount of stress to preparing the trip. If possible just contact Maria she's great!
- Also Known As:
- Villas Tranquilas Hotel
- Villas Tranquilas Hotel Quepos
- Villas Tranquilas Costa Rica/Quepos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical rainforest retreat in Quepos/Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. Four plantation style villas in each building offer two bedroom, two bath contemporary custom accommodations. Every town home sleeps up to six guests with a fully equipped kitchen. We have two pools for our guests and are one of the most affordable rental communities in the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Villas Tranquilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.