We chose Villas Tranquilas for a one month say in Quepos, Costa Rica, and we ended up being very satisfied with it as a self catering option.
The units are pretty much exactly as shown on their website (www.villastranquilas.com), and we found the amenities were everything we needed for our stay. As mentioned in other reviews, Villas Tranquilas seems a bit off the beaten track when you first arrive. A short drive on a potholed dirt road (one of many in Costa Rica), about 8 minutes prior to Quepos, takes you to the property, which is secured by a guard house, and surrounded by vegetation, so that it feels very secluded. The 4 buildings each contain 4 two-bedroom apartments, and share access to the beautiful covered pool and barbecue area.
Each 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit is spacious and fully equipped. Beds are excellent, the kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals, and there are even beach towels and a flashlight (the latter being helpful as occasionally the power goes out in Costa Rica!). Each unit has a safe. Covered areas on each unit allow for outdoor eating even in the rain (which it also does a lot of in Costa Rica!) The property managers, Kathy and Robert, are very helpful and friendly. They even provide a cell phone for use on the property and calls within the country are complimentary.
Because the complex is new, the work is on-going on the grounds. vegetation etc. We found the complex to be very peaceful, secure and comfortable. We soon became comfortable with the drive into Quepos (about 10 minutes) and Manual Antonio (20-25 depending on traffic), and after doing a fair bit of exploring, we felt we had chosen a good spot, especially if one isn't looking for fancy night life and crowds. Because the price was reasonable, we were able to stay the month and still do a couple of 2-3 day getaways to other parts of the country.
We would recommend Villas Tranquilas for families, couples looking for quiet self catering accommodations in the Manual Antonio area. It is an excellent property at an excellent price point, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical rainforest retreat in Quepos/Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. Four plantation style villas in each building offer two bedroom, two bath contemporary custom accommodations. Every town home sleeps up to six guests with a fully equipped kitchen. We have two pools for our guests and are one of the most affordable rental communities in the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Villas Tranquilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Tranquilas Hotel Quepos
- Villas Tranquilas Costa Rica/Quepos