“Overrated and Expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pete's Place Manuel Antonio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Pete's Place Manuel Antonio
You added Pete's Place Manuel Antonio to your Saves list
Located at the top of the hill in Manuel Antonio | halfway between Quepos and Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
San Jose, California, United States
“Overrated and Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in Pete's place for This place is overly expensive. Rooms are small and beds were small and uncomfortable. Plus it seemed like there were safely concerns too. Centrally located, close to bus stops, super market and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PeteMACR, Owner at Pete's Place Manuel Antonio, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I feel it's important for future guests to hear my side of a rather unfortunate review.
When this booking was made it was made clear that eight people ( seven adults and one child) was really too much for this home, but having a two day window after Christmas ( hence the " overpriced" i took the two nights at the weekly Christmas price per night.
The group arrived well after dark in the pouring rain, and it was obvious they were tired.
The comment about the beds being too small and uncomfortable might be as a result of three grown children and one small child having to stay in one bedroom, as the other two bedrooms had a couple each.
These beds are new this year, they have queen size orthopedic mattresses, and judging from other reviews clients seen very happy with them, of course it is possible two guys over six foot might find one bed small and uncomfortable!
The rain continued all night ( 7 inches) and into mid morning the next day.
during the night a pipe broke and I lost all water and half the pool water.
The client wanted to know why I wouldn't gomout a buy water so they could brush their teeth, I replied that I was trying to solve the overall water problem ( repair pipes, buy a new water pump, and refill tanks)
When the clients returned later the water was restored but the pool only had the deep end ( it took three days to fill it entirely) was full but the client again was unhappy ( understandably) and stated the whole experience ( I assume that their tour of the Park which they organized themselves didn't go well as one can imagine after seven inches of rain) but weather is not my fault!
The custumer called and said the whole trip was a disaster and I had better make them a " good offer" I suggested that since they owed me $580.00 that I would be willing to deduct $300.00. to which the reply was " thats not enough, we are not paying any of the balance.
The review also states " apparently there were security issues" I have absolutely no idea where that came from, there were NO security issues what so ever, I only gave them the standard warning of keep an eye on your things, lock the gate, don't leave valuables outnin the open. Whete that statement comes from I have no idea, but I can assure you we have had NO security problems and an out of hand statement like that puts a wrong impression in people's minds.
In closing I would like to suggest that one does not try and see and do all we have to offer in Manuel Antonio in two days , and a little understanding goes a long way when dealing with a problem like we had.
I am sorry your vacation did mot work out as planned, and I am more than willing to take my share of the blame, but baseless statements and malicious untrue comments do nothing to help.
In spite of only paying for one night, I would be willing to offer you two free nights should you choose to give us and Manuel Antonio another chance. Thank You Pete

Solo
Business
Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at Pete's Place in April . The best most relaxed vacation in my life. The house was great, the POOl was fantastic. We were awestruck and enjoyed, the house, grounds pool and the whole Manuel Antonio experience. Not sure when but we will be back . No doubt in my mind that we will stay at Petes Place again. , Thanks Pete for sharing Petes Place, a slice of Paradise!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We recently stayed at this property (2nd week of Feb, 2012), and I would have to say, it was awesome. The place is clean and well-maintained. We traveled with 2 small kids (3 and 1 yrs), and it was perfect for them too. They enjoyed the company of Pete's dogs - they were very friendly. The property is large, and there are lot of trees everywhere. The place has a great view of the surrounding hills. There is a view of the ocean, but it's somewhat hazy and distant (although you get a nice sunset view from one corner). Although it is right by the main road connecting Quepos and Manuel Antonio, we never had any problem with noise etc. The pool is great - very relaxing. It was also very easy to catch buses outside the house to go to all the nearby attractions. Having a maid for cleanup (we cooked quite a bit at home) is also very helpful, and one of the high point of this place.

Pete and Itza are very friendly and helpful. Slightly pricey for a single family, but definitely recommend for staying.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Northfield, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

My wife and I spent eight nights at Pete's Place on our honeymoon. We felt like we had the whole place to ourselves and Pete was always available if we needed anything. The house was very spacious and very, very clean. Pete's Place is in a great location for taking day trips to the beach, the national park, and all the various tours that are offered from Quepos such as zip lining and whitewater rafting. Some of our most enjoyable days were spent lounging by Pete's pool sipping tropical drinks. I have recommended Pete's Place to family and friends and I would certainly go back for a visit again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We have traveled to Costa Rica many time over the past several years and staying at Petes was another perfect vacation. The confortable house was more then enough for the 2 of us. The home was full equiped and very clean. The pool was HUGE!
I would recommend that anyone traveling to Costa Rica check out Petes Place.
You will really enjoy having your private pool. The place is also very quite and has beautiful view of the ocean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed at Pete's Place in May of this year and had a fantastic week. We found our accomodations spotless with fresh tropical flowers, fresh fruit and delicious Costa Rican coffee. Our sheets and linens were washed every other day - Pete's housekeeper is an immaculate cleaner. The kitchen was spotless as were the bathrooms and they were kept that way throughout the week. One day we returned to find her cleaning the outdoor furniture with lemon bees wax. I would bet that the person who mentions "bugs" in a review might have brought them in from one of the many exciting jungle excursions the country has to offer. There is a poolhouse with both indoor and outdoor showers that can be used after a trip tour. We are recommending Pete's Place to all our family and friends and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Myself and four girl friends stayed at Pete's Place for four nights at the end of April. It was the perfect vacation house for our group. The rooms were large and clean and the pool was one of our favorite places to hang out. It is very centrally located to everything in Manuel Antonio, just a five-ten minute cab ride away to Quepos or the MA beaches. If you like to walk, you can walk to Manuel Antonio National Park, but it does take about a half hour. Three of us walked back from the MA beach one day, and it was a great hike.

Pete is very accomadating, and is available to provide any information necessary, but there was plenty of privacy for our group. Overall, we all agreed we would definately stay at Pete's Place again if we ever get back to Costa Rica. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Pete's Place Manuel Antonio? Share your experiences!