I travelled to Quepos with 2 of my girlfriends and had originally booked a different place to spend our first night. However, once we arrived the place we had originally booked was in an awful condition so we were forced to look for something else and 3 min down the road we stumbled upon Villa Romantica, which we had also come across when doing our initial internet research. The hotel really is an oasis and even though it may seem like the ideal place for couples, I can assure you the place welcomes everyone, even large groups of people. We originally planned to stay there for 2 nights (room 16) but we were so pleased with everything that we ended up staying for 5 nights. After the first 2 nights, we decided we wanted to be closer to the beach and we left for a different hotel which was much more expensive than Villa Romantica. However, on our first night there we quickly learned that our ocean-view suite was filled with cockroaches and we were forced to leave immediately. The friendly staff at Villa Romantica did not hesitate to take us back in the next day, and even though they were at capacity for that night, they were able to empty one of the smaller rooms and house us for that night. Suffice to say after our horrible experience, we did not want to go anywhere else. The next day, they placed us in the room (#17) next to our original one. Below you will find a summary of what myself and my girlfriends thought of our whole experience while at Villa Romantica:
- extremely clean and decent-sized rooms (our room had two double beds) equipped with TV, air conditioning and private bathroom
- the staff is very friendly and accommodating, very knowledgeable and helpful (we booked most of our day trips with the help of the girls at reception and they even stored our backpacks on our last day before leaving)
- the owner takes great care of the place and is very set on ensuring each guest has a pleasant stay
- breakfast is included in the price and is self-serve buffet style (consists of eggs, variety of cold cuts and cheeses, vegetables, toast, jams, milk, juice and coffee) - absolutely delicious!
- decent-sized pool, very clean
- amenities include a pool table, vending machines that provide you with juices and alcohol (these must be paid for extra, but in the middle of the night when everything is closed they are quite handy)
Other things to note:
- although not very cheap, it is worth the price (you get what you paid for)
- there is one computer with Internet access, but it is quite slow and you must pay for usage
- the hotel is not close to the beach (it is located in Quepos). However, buses that can take you straight to the beach run frequently and stop right in front of the hotel
Highly recommend this place to those looking for a quality stay and great service! I will definitely stay there again, if I go back to Quepos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quaint hotel, under German management, is nestled in a tropical setting, just a few driving minutes from the famous national park Manuel Antonio with its wonderful beaches and wildlife reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Villa Romantica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantica Hotel Quepos
- Hotel Villa Romantica Costa Rica/Quepos