My wife and I drove down from Arenal and had 3 nights to stay in Manual Antonio/Quepos but decided to book only the 1st night at this hotel to make sure we liked it. Well thank god we only booked one night. Let me start by saying we've traveled extensively and are not being snobs but this place reminds me of the place the Griswald's stayed at in National Lampoon's Family vacation, no wonder they changed the name. The room was clean but very basic. It would be an understatement if I said the bed was old. My grandparents probably stayed in the same bed on their honeymoon. The comforters were so grimy looking we didn't wanna touch them and the bed springs were the only thing between me and a good night's sleep. They advertised free wifi but when we called to complain we weren't getting a signal in the room, oh I forgot to say there are no phones in the room (probably by design), so we had to walk to the front desk if we needed anything. When I complained the guy looked at me like I had three eyeballs. He did try to accommodate by changing our room to one closer to the lobby but no dice, still no signal. Ok, so at least there's a clean shower but there was only luke warm water (can't call to complain and didn't feel like getting mosquito bites so just sucked it up). Forgot to mention that the place is close to the road so we could hear cars all night ( moderate traffic). We went by Trip Advisor which gave this place rave reviews which to this date still boggles our minds about how off they were. We high tailed it to the Gaia Hotel and Reserve about 4 miles away and had a much better experience. The staff tried to accommodate but we wanted to warn other people that the reviews were so off...
- Also Known As:
- La Foresta Nature Hotel
- La Foresta Nature Hotel Quepos
- La Foresta Nature Resort Costa Rica/Quepos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 180 acres of virgin rainforest within the low lands of Costa Rica is the stunning La Foresta Nature Resort, a boutique adventure resort offering 14 junior suites, 7 bungalows and 3 villas. Uniquely developed in a striking natural setting, the resort offers exceptional, personalized service for those desiring to take part in an experience of a lifetime.Steps from the tranquil, relaxing environment that exists at La Foresta is an untouched jungle within the shadows of the famed Manuel Antonio National Park. Beautifully designed nature trails surround the resort; providing guests an intimate experience for observing over 50 species of mammals, 15 species of reptiles, and an exquisite butterfly garden. The resort also has the most exceptional bird watching spot in the area and is within 15 minutes from the Manuel Antonio beach.Most noteworthy and easy to observe during your stay are the troops of squirrel-like, or Titi monkeys, a sub-species found only in this part of the world and in great danger of extinction. La Foresta Nature Resort has partnered with the Titi Conservation Alliance and is committed to educating staff members, while participating in reforestation projects designed to help the species thrive.An outstanding feature of La Foresta Nature Resort is the exhilarating Titi Canopy Tour, a “zip line” offering 13 cables, 18 platforms, rappelling platform, suspension bridge and tarzan swing guided by experts trained to escort you through virgin and reclaimed rainforest. Two of our longest cables stretch 380 and 450 meters, offering a glimpse of the striking flora and fauna that exist in our own backyard.Conveniently located just 20 minutes from the San Jose airport by plane, La Foresta Nature Resort provides guests with an incredible setting, beautiful accommodations and excellent service. Our staff is available to assist guests with their local travel itinerary; including restaurants, activities, environmental efforts, or other recommendations to create an extraordinary vacation experience for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Venere, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your La Foresta Nature Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.