“Not too pleased...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Quepos
toulon
“Not too pleased...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at Layla 2 nights while visiting Quepos area. The hotel was ok but nothing more. Completly deserted when we were there, there are better places for the price in the area. The breakfast offer was very poor.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Layla resort is a hidden gem in Quepos. My friends had planned a Costa Rica trip a while ago and I was a last minute addition. A week before my trip (included Monte verde, Manual Antonio/Quepos and San Jose) I was trying to find a place to stay in Quepos/Manuel Antonio area in the peak Christmas-New Year season. I could find only one decent place and that one place was Layla Resort. I had no idea how this place would be and I was honestly confused with the word "resort" in its name. But hey, was I surprised when I got there? Yes, very pleasantly. This place is located around 2.5 km before Quepos downtown on a small hill. It has its own forest reserve over 18 hectare with plenty of wild life. I had no chance to explore since I got to know about its existence on my last day there when the owner Victoria mentioned about it.The resort rooms are quite large with a balcony among natural surroundings. There is a decently sized pool by the restaurant. The pool is available 24x7 for use. There is a casino as well that was not operational when I visited - no downer for me as I am not into gambling… the best thing about this resort is the personal attention by the owner Victoria for each of her guests. She is originally from Ethiopia and as soon as she knew that my friends and I love Ethiopian food, she promised to cook dinner for 8 of us one of the nights. And the dinner was sumptuous. I ate like I had not eaten for a month. ;) She is a very affectionate person with an unmatched customer focus on her mind all the time. I loved the pool and whenever I was not at the beach I was in the pool.

This is a very family friendly resort and if you are travelling with friends, you should be aware of that. This is not a get-drunk-with-friends-and-party-loud kinda place. My purpose of this trip was to unwind from my extremely busy professional life and relax in a pleasant environment and this resort provided a perfect environment for that.

I very strongly recommend this place if you want to "relax" on a vacation in the Ticoland!

Room Tip: If you enjoy the pool, you should choose one of the rooms that are near the pool. You can walk to y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

Beautiful resort with amazing nature trails, wonderful service, relaxing pool waterfall. I decided to extend our stay it was enjoyable. Only minutes from the beautiful Manuel Antonio beach. When it was time to go it felt like saying goodbye to and old friend, the Quepos airport was only 5 min away, talk about easy traveling! we will be back!

• Liked — the expirience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Longwood, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

We stayed there for two nights at Layla. We were very pleased with the rooms..they had just been up-dated very nicely. Everything was clean, neat & new..and decorated with taste. The new pool was very pretty (with the waterfall added to the whole rain forest feel)!!!
Also, we went to the Casino "Atlantis" because it was right there....no cabs were needed. The employees there were very aware of our needs and took care of them with a smile. We will go there again and take family and friends. Audlee206@aol.com

We were there March 16 thru the 18th

• Liked — Location and being clean and the room had everything needed
  • Disliked — The pool water was warm..
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Layla Resort? Share your experiences!