“If your in town to fish, without the wife, this place is fine” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3 x 2 Promotion
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Quepos
Rockville Centre, New York, United States
“If your in town to fish, without the wife, this place is fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here the 1st week in March 2013. I had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking Wacky Wanda's. Believe me there was no shortage of entertainment right from my balcony. I saw a hooker fight that lasted a good 20 minutes. The hooker that got the beating needed her but kicked because the day before she walked into Wanda's where I was drinking and just grabbed my drink and started drinking it. She was a fat pig! I really didn't have a problem with the noise...I slept fine but I'm sure the 20 or so rum and cokes before bed helped. The room was fine with the exception of the bed, it was to hard and to low to the ground, making it hard for fat guys like me to get up. I liked the casino but stay away from the texas holdem table. It's run by a guy named Dan who has it rigged. He uses at least 1 American College kid in his scam, possibly 2. Play carib stud and you'll be fine. Coctail waitress' in there were great and when it got late they came around with sandwiches. Like I said...all in all not bad for the price but not a place to bring the wife.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
costarican in San José
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Originally, we had two ideas for local places to stay and eco hotels around the world. ” It's incredibly important to expand your horizons. Even worse would be to say, “check out these amazing eco hotels around the world.” I mean that just sends the wrong message – after all, you’d be hopping onto a plane. Much less hypocritical however, would be to explore some of the amazing places that are actually worth traveling for. Modern day living is often on a par with a rat run: non-stop work, cities that never sleep and people who are constantly on your back. Sometimes it’s important to just step back and to take a break. So this Kamuk hotel gives to the customer what it needs as fast as possible in a beautiful place Quepos.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service in the restaraunt was very slow and the portions were very small but tasty. Minimal breakfast but the hotel is very affordable. We wish we had gone on to Manuel for a classier abeit more expensive hotel. Quepos itself seems to be changing and not for the better. I will not stay there ever again. Not sure there is anyting the hotel can do about its neighbors and the direction the city is going.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a deluxe room (rm 409) with a pool view. For the price, this place is great. Directly across the street from the water, plenty of Taxi on the street to get to M.A. The restaurant had good service and great costa rican cosado plates. The staff was pleasant. The was clean... there were some bugs entering the room from a crack near the balcony... didn't really bother us. It was what I expected. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived to my room to find 3 people in it. I guess the manager was showing it to a travel agent or something. The room was just fine. I did have the top floor with a balcony and the ocean view. I also had a great view of the street directly below me. Word of warning-if you're looking for peace and quiet, get an interior room. The street noise, especially on a weekend, is kinda loud and goes on till the wee hours of the morning.
The pool was nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were very happy with our decision to stay at this hotel while visiting nearby Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio. Before we arrived I had sent several emails with various questions. They were all answered quickly and expeditiously. I tend to avoid Best Western at home, but this is the second Best Western in Latin America that I have tried and both were excellent. They are not motels in the traditional sense, but rather they seem to be established nicer hotels that BW has acquired. Our room was spacious and spotless. We had no problems with noise, probably because of the interior location. Every thing worked fine...AC, wifi. The bathroom had a swinging door and was not air conditioned...air came in through upper openings that faced the central open interior. The contrast between the tropical bathroom and the room with AC was weird, but really not a problem. Yes, the breakfast was a little sparse. but fresh fruit, wholegrain bread and coffee were fine. (Most of the hotel breakfast offerings are stuff you would not want to eat anyway.)And you could not beat the open air setting.We ate dinner there one night, in that same beautiful setting. They were offering a free glass of wine. They prepared the traditional Costa Recon casado dish to be vegetarian...it was excellent as was the Asian salad. They also provided secure, locked parking. The price was right, staff and service excellent, I would definitely stay here again and I will seek out other BW hotels in Latin America as well.

Room Tip: Considering others' complaints of noise, an interior room, not near the pool is probably a good...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelKamuk, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel & Casino Kamuk, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you very much for this nice comment, we are very pleased and happy to have met your expectations.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

the positive is that theh hotel is reasonably priced in comparison to accomodation in manuel antonio. Stayed 2 nights, first in deluxe room at front of hotel and after complaining about noise which kept us awake until 3am we were moved to the back of the hotel which was marginally better but not much.

Unfortunately the hotel is located next to one of the main Quepos gringo bars and prostitutes looking to serve their sport fishing clients. We were amused by the regular and noisy interaction from prostitutes on the streets to the men/clients on balcony of the BW hotel seeking to find out if they intend to visit the bar later.

Service standards differed between staff and ranged from appalling to nonchalent which is a shame for the Best Western brand.

Breakfast is tokenistic and not of a standard expected . Service in the restaurant was shocking.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool in the middle of the hotel woud be less noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to know you did not enjoy your stay with us, sometimes it is difficult to fight against factors such as prostitution and noise occurring outside our walls and into the surrounding streets. We work every day to solve this kind of problems.

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel & Casino Kamuk? Share your experiences!