“If you enjoy driving on mountain roads, it is an excellent daytrip destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Campesinos Reserve

and up
13-Day Tour of Costa Rica's National Parks: Hiking, Beaches, Nature and Culture
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an excellent option for rural tourism, we offer accommodation in rustic rooms with balcony, private bathroom and hot water, guided hiking trails, gazebos, suspension bridges, cable ferry, typical food prepared firewood Costa Rica, natural pools, waterfalls forests, rappelling tour and transportation. Excellent for couple, family or friends, would be a pleasure to attend.
Hoosick Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2015 NEW

I won't waste time on repeating what others have said. For me, the drip up to this place was so much fun and so pretty that I didn't even care what I would find at the end of the road.

This is a great destination if you like to poke around without a guide. The trails are straightforward and well maintained, and there is enough wow factor with the LOOOONNNGGG BRIDGE and the POOLS at the base of the BIG FALLS to impress my jaded teenager.

In addition, the people who work here are excellent. I did a stupid thing and left my waist pack with my cell phone at the picnic table near the entrance kiosk just before I left. I drove 15 minutes downhill before I discovered my mistake, turned around, and drove back uphill to find that one of the guides had walked it over to the kiosk where the nice lady put it in a plastic bag with my name on it.

What more can I say but THANK YOU.

Visited July 2015

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hope you're not afraid of heights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

The hanging bridges at the Rainmaker pale in comparison to the length of the bridge at Los Campesinos. But, there is only one bridge at Los Campesinos, while the Rainmaker has many. Still, the one bridge walk was quite exhilarating; if you're afraid of heights, good luck! The waterfall was a trickle but there was enough water in the pool for a dip. We didn't do the hike, just too hot.

You definitely need a 4x4 for the 6km drive off the main road to Los Campesinos. Its a fun and beautiful drive, however, would my wife and I do it again? Maybe not, the drive for the payoff is a bit underwhelming, but we would definitely go back and take friends and family who come to CR.

Visited March 2015
ny
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best expereince in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

By far the best day in Costa Rica. Main reasons: It is off the beaten path....so a lot fewer people, and a lot more undisturbed nature. BUT, keep in mind that it is a rough drive. Do Not go without a 4 wheel drive and reasonably high road clearance (i.e., don't go in a car...but any reasonable SUV with 4 wheel drive is fine).
Took a good 60-90 minutes to get there, but rewarded with a lovely walk down, across a gorgeous hanging bridge, to an area where you are surrounded by a number of waterfalls (one big and rest small) converging in one place.
Great little place on the way to have lunch. Feels very 'local' (in a good way). No wildlife (at least we saw none)...but that's not why you go here. Best day in Costa Rica.

Visited January 2015
Beloit, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Day in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

We spent the day at Los Campesinos Reserve, taking the long rain forest walk.Our guide had the eyes to find us tiny poison frogs, salamanders, lizards, snake, toucans, tarantulas, bats, more birds. He shared a lot of information about rain forest plants that have medicinal qualities for heart disease, kidneys, digestion, ulcers, skin, etc. What a wealth of knowledge. The massive trees are are awe inspiring. And the quick ride in the zip line box was a treat. Lunch was beyond excellent, with chicken from the farm. Then we walked to the big waterfall, and I wish we had planned the time to allow for floating in the crystal clear and quiet pool at the base of the catarata. Walking on the suspension bridge was more fun than I thought it would be, and gave a view of the waterfall that I will long remember. Next time we definitely will plan to stay the night to give more time to the natural wonders of this unique place. Everything was very clean and well maintained. It is well worth the trouble to get there. The road in is rough, but has waterfalls along the way and is never dull.

Visited January 2015
Los Campesinos R, Gerente at Los Campesinos Reserve, responded to this review, January 31, 2015
Thank you very much for your comments about our project, is a pleasure to serve and would be happy to receive you again.
Thank You.
Boulder, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“One of our favorites, but know what you are getting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Byron essentially gave our group of nine a private booking by not combining us with another group. Since we had a lot of kids, this was much appreciated. Also appreciated since this was on Christmas day.

Much like other high-adrenaline activities, there should be enough for the excitement junkie. However, what I appreciated just as much was what this group is trying to do to inject some tourism to the area. Byron made sure to give us some of the background on this, and I appreciated it, as it explains why the drive in was over such a long and rough road.

Also appreciated the flexibility on what activities could be done. We thought about getting a learning hike on sugar cane farmed in the area, but opted not to. Then, we were pleasantly surprised when one of the guides brought over some sugar cane for us to sample. Those types of personal touches made us appreciate the tour more.

Visited December 2014