“Tiny portions” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Chicago
“Tiny portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I understand montazuma is a tourist town and may charge more than usual ... Also because of the location. I've been here over a week and have tried most of the resteraunts. I ordered the lasagna and it looked like a child's portion. I paid 7500 C or 15 $ us for the smallest portion I've ever seen in my life. I should have taken a pic but I didn't have my phone. The food was ok, but the small portion and two tiny pieces of bread left me starving. : ( I kinda felt ripped off.

Visited February 2014

Pensacola, Florida
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Ordered the lasagna and spaghetti carbonera. Both very good and total was about $20. Size of the kitchen was tiny- owner is an incredible chef. Neighborhood was a little scary after dark.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vernon, Canada
“Very friendly, Live music.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Awesome pizza, and pasta dishes. Excellent iced coffee drinks. We liked it here so much we ate here 4 times out of 7 dinners in a week. Different live music nightly. Owner treated us to free dessert and or d'oeuvre s. Every table full most nights, arrive by 630 to get in. Corner location great for people watching. Clean and great food.

Visited January 2014
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“A taste of Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Many of the cured meats and cheeses are made by the owner. These Italian delicacies are hard to find in Costa Rica and when you do, you will pay a premium and they will be imported. There is a nice selection of deli items to buy, including Panetone bread which makes the best French toast.
The lasagne, bread rolls and smoked eggplant are made fresh daily.
You build your own sandwiches from the menu and end up with something you would find in a restaurant in Rome. My vegetarian friends like the options here.
This is NOT a Subway Sandwich Shop where you find all the endless condiments needed to make the processed "meats" palatable. So don't be mad at them for not having things that are barely available in this country, such as pickles.
The staff speaks limited English, ( and I speak literally no Spanish, yet always get through it with smiles) but excellent Italian and Spanish. Bottled sodas are less than canned, because they recycle here. I often grab a sand which for the drive to San Jose and eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner, but I'm a light eater. It's a small space and can get noisy, but the food is real and fresh, fresh, fresh.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We walked in and said hi to the shop keep, he wasn't friendly, maybe having a bad day. We sat and got out menus, seeing that he was a one man show, we waited further. Ordered out drinks and food and no drinks.. Waited and waited.

Unfortunately, we decided to leave due to the described service

Maybe he was having a bad day. We ended up across the street