“Italian gusto in Montezuma, Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Quepos
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Puntarenas
“Italian gusto in Montezuma, Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

L'Angolo Allegro serves up delicious pizza, calzones, and pasta dishes in a relaxing setting at the very entrance to the town of Playa Montezuma, a great corner for people watching. The staff is friendly and courteous and the prices are very reasonable for the quality fare they offer. Are you a cheese lover? Don't miss the Quattro Formaggi pizza — four kinds of cheese on a thin crust.

Visited September 2012

California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the sandwich, Pastas and carpaccios”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

One of my favorite places in Quepos is L'Angolo. Every year I come back and go to the same place. The smells and food is top notch. I love the Carpacho!

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We fell in love with pizza, take-away and the hotel 'even better.
After about 30 minutes our pizza arrived hot enough. we eaten in 5 minutes and we was ready to start with another one!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Arizona
“Cool that they deliver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were craving pizza and after a failed attempt find another recommended pizzeria, we decided to order a couple of pies. We made an attempt to order some empanadas as well as a a 1/4 chicken, but they were out of both. In my opinion, that is super bad for business, if you are going to advertise something and it's 5:30pm on a Friday evening, you should have it.

We decided to order a couple of pies, but mistake. We ordered a regular cheese and a 4 cheese. After the delivery and tip, it totaled 11,000 colones. I assume they added on their customary 13% and 10% on the bill, which the bill did not reflect it. It just showed 5,800 for the 4 cheese and 3,500 for the regular cheese. Almost $12 for a pizza with a couple different cheeses,not worth it at all. I had the runs for the next two days. The crust was ok, but not anything amazing. I am from the NYC/NJ, so I would hope that my knowledge of pizza is helpful.

I should have read the others reviews and questioned the bill, but basically just wanted to eat and go to bed.

Basically, if you want a quick pizza, stop in and get a regular cheese or have one delivered, in my opinion it is worth the $7.00, but keep it at that. Since they were out of the empanadas and chicken, I cannot comment on the other food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
“Love Their Gorgonzola Cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was there today and bought some of their creamy gorgonzola cheese and delicious prosciutto. They serve yummy sandwiches with your choice of toppings and also have good pastas.

Visited July 2012