“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manuel Antonio Estates

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
You added Manuel Antonio Estates to your Saves list
Manuel Antonio Estates, Quepos 12-6350, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Manakin Villa with Manuel Antonio Estates was beautiful and perfect in every way! We found it exactly as advertised, comfortable, clean and gorgeous. We loved the pool and the beautiful view! We would stay there again without a doubt!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is my third trip to Manuel Antonio/Quepos in a year, so as you can imagine, I love the place. The climate is perfect (shorts, sandals and no sleeves rain or shine), the attitude is laid back, and the wildlife is abundant. I love the food, the jungle and the surf, and I will be going back as soon as humanly possible.

This was my first time at Manuel Antonio Estates, however, and it was an absolute pleasure to stay there. We had two spacious bedrooms, a wide open living room and a modern kitchen with all the necessary appliances. Our balcony overlooked the pool which was always clean and refreshing, and we could take advantage of the barbecue pit in the pool area whenever we liked.

The apartments are within a short walk of downtown Quepos where we could shop for clothing, food or visit the farmer’s market on the weekend. The bus stops a short distance from the gate where it is less than a 10 minute ride to the beach.

But to me the absolute best aspect of Manuel Antonio Estates is the wildlife. Practically every morning we would hear the pitter patter of monkey feet on the roof as they ran across from one side to the other. Two species of monkeys, Capuchins and Titis, would visit almost daily in large groups, searching the trees for bugs and fruit. We never fed them as we read that this could be very harmful to them, but it was never necessary to entice them to visit. They would peek over the edge of the roof at us, and there were always several photo opportunities. Iguanas would regularly sun themselves by the pool, and we would see sloths lazily hanging about in the trees.

I wholeheartedly recommend Manuel Antonio Estates if you are planning a trip to Manuel Antonio/Quepos. I know I will be going back there.

Room Tip: If you enjoy monkeys, try to get a top floor apartment.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

We were a group of four, two couples, traveling from the Florida Keys to Costa Rica for the first time...celebrating our honeymoons! We stayed at Manuel Antonio Estates for five nights and the only way to sum it up was when it was time to leave we all shed a tear! We stayed in the Eco Condos and it seriously felt like it was our home for the week. We had an amazing view of the mountains! The rooms were very spacious, the bathroom was very clean and roomy, the kitchen was accommodating and the living room was very comfortable. The best part of all was our balcony with a view! Oh and my favorite part was the wildlife! AMAZING! The monkeys come to visit twice a day (beware they might wake you up early in the morning) and they are so adorable! We met the neighbors and everyone was super helpful and nice. Dorit was the lady who helped set everything up and she was amazing! She set up our excursions...we went ziplining and did an atv tour...it was amazing! The best vacation we have ever had...we really didn't want to leave! Some tips for travelers is...I'm not sure about the other accommodations but if you are staying in the Eco Condos prepare to walk or drive up a steep driveway...you will get used to it but it is a workout, Manuel Antonio Estates is extremely accommodating if you have any questions or need anything such as tips on taxis, where to eat and what to do, Dorit is very helpful and she really cares about you having a great time! Everything was pretty much set up prior to our arrival and everything went according to plan, no problems what so ever! All and all, we can't wait to go back and hopefully have a longer stay! Thank you to everyone at Manuel Antonio Estates and in Quepos...it was simply amazing!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

This House is incredible. I come to Manuel Antonio pretty often and I always ask to stay at the Manakin Villa. It has Lots of space and a beautiful Private pool which monkeys come to visit often. Its like truly being in the jungle but with all the comfort you need. The kitchen is very well equiped. The villa is very Private but very safe and staff is always very helpful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

I had a wonderful experience here... The staff is very helpful and go above and beyond to make the visit more enjoyable and safe. It's a beautiful location with so much wildlife I would come back in a heartbeat!!! The location is close walking distance to many wonderful restaurants and stores with everything you need. I definitely recommend Antonio estates to anyone and everyone who expects to have a fantastic vacation.

• Stayed February 2014
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This place was incredible to stay at for a month. There is a small, refreshing pool and troops of monkeys come through here a few times a week. The owner Tariq was very welcoming, gave us some great ideas for places to go, and upgraded us to a better unit after it was finished being renovated without us asking. The office staff was great and easy to work with. The former owner, Richard, helps to manage the property. He gave us a ton of spot-on recommendations, including one for childcare. Ana Elizondo watched our kids for 4 date nights, which allowed my wife and I to relive some of our honeymoon spent in Costa Rica in 2005. She does not speak English, but her son Edwin 8986-4220 is fluent (he works at a tour company we did the ATV tour through, which was the best tour we took). So, he can come with her when she meets the kids and go over everything you want her to know. I also left a one page paper with things I thought might come up (I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, Are you guys doing okay?, etc) and wrote them in English and Spanish, so they could point to what they wanted in their native language and the other could read it in theirs. To be honest, I don't think they used it because she just made sure they had what they needed. We paid her $10/hr for the 2 kids, which is a lot. So, if you are tight for $$, you may be able to pay less. But, for us, it was worth every penny. Lots of people said you don't need a car, but I disagree. Sometimes, the humidity begs you to drive to the store just so you can sit in the AC. Also, there are a lot of cool places to drive to, like the Rafiki Lodge, which has one of the world's fastest water slides, or Ronnie's Place for amazing sunsets and delicious dinners/drinks. There is a free waterfall pool in Dominical, There is a park that has 3 waterfall pools and huge suspension bridges about 20 minutes north. So many activities, you have to pick what you don't want to do. The condos have a 24/7 guarded gate, the units are spacious and clean, and surprisingly bug free. Geckos hang out on the balconies and in the stairwells, iguanas lounge by the pool, and the monkeys will literally look over the roof at you only a few feet away.Best beaches to hit are the one in Manuel Antonio National Park (get a guide if you go - they spot all kinds of stuff, do not stop for the guys that try to stop you as you drive in, they work for the parking lot and will try to get you to park there, which is far from the park. Park in the lot right next to the park) and Playa Beisanz (our favorite). Have a great trip if you go!

Room Tip: Get unit 3 or 4 which puts you on the top floor under the shaded trees. You can hear the monkeys on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed in a condo here for almost a week and had a very nice time. The units are spacious and clean and there are only 8 of them so the pool is never crowded. The monkeys will come right up to your balcony and peek in on you, and the place has a guarded gate at the entry 24 hours a day so everything is secure. The location is good as well, right between Quepos and Manuel Antonio so it's close to everything without being right in the middle of a crowded area. We left having had a very nice time and only discovered that we had left a laptop in one of the rooms after receiving an urgent email (we had no phone service) from Dorit, who manages the front office. We had already driven several hours away to our next hotel when we received the message, and were set to fly home a day later. I was afraid I would have to spend my entire day driving back to get the computer, but Dorit quickly and cheerfully arranged it so their driver would deliver the computer to us at our new hotel, 4 hours away (!), that next morning for a very reasonable fee - probably less than I would have spent in fuel if I made the trip to get it myself! They really went above and beyond and saved us a huge hassle and from having to waste our whole last day in the country driving back for the computer. I can't recommend this location highly enough, and the price for the rooms is great as well! Book it now!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Manuel Antonio Estates? Share your experiences!