“Villa Mot Mot February 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manuel Antonio Estates

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
You added Manuel Antonio Estates to your Saves list
Manuel Antonio Estates, Quepos 12-6350, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
“Villa Mot Mot February 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed in Villa Mot Mot , at Manuel Antonio Estates (MAE) for a week. Adjusting back to regular life is hard after having a fantastic visit to Costa Rica.

We stayed at MAE for the entire time. It was centrally located for what we wanted to do. Hike/explore/ beach and surf. There were also good dining options
outside of Quepos towards Manuel Antonio. MAE is located in Quepos. Some may be disappointed with this town..but we liked how "real " it was. We could walk into town for the market and liquor store..and breakfast goodies from the bakeries.

Our group consisted of 7 people, myself and my husband (late 40s) our two children (18 & 20), 2 friends ( early 20's) and my mother in law (mid 60's).
Villa Mot Mot accommodated us all. The house is well appointed, with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and living room on each floor, a beautiful deck and pool for outside enjoyment.
We would always plan to be back at Mot Mot by 5 pm to watch the monkeys migrate down the hill. The night is alive with noises of frogs and other animals.

MAE provided a great quide book so we were well informed of what we were looking at. The grounds are well maintained, not too manicured...and the estate is within a gated community.

Dorit, the manager, was very efficient and helpful through email correspondence prior to trip and it was nice to meet her in person..very nice, helpful & friendly....she also pointed us in the right direction for a couple of activities. Rain Maker Park is a must! Gustavo at the gate was also very friendly. MAE offers a shuttle service from San Jose...for a fee but it was well worth
it. There are several car rental options in Quepos.

Another must is a visit to the Spa on the property. What an experience!! Very professional, prices are similar to what you'd pay in the states.

It has just been a little over a week ago that we were there...and we all miss it MAE and the Villa Mot Mot played a large part in the trip being as successful as it was.
I emailed Dorit on the way to the airport checking out availabilty for next year!! So I would give MAE five stars, with out any hesitation.

Orlaith 3/12/13

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent a week in a studio apartment at Manuel Antonio Estates. The location is closer to the outskirts of Quepos than Manuel Antonio, but the national park with its nature trails and lovely beaches is a short bus ride away (285 colones - about 65 cents). As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. My neighbors in the other units were very friendly. Several have been coming to Quepos/Manuel Antonio for several years and had returned to MAE. The recently renovated pool was very refreshing after a hike in the park, a zip line excursion, or shopping around Quepos. It was also a good place to meet the neighbors, both human and simian. Squirrel monkeys and capuchins make regular visits to the banana plants and fig trees foraging for food.

The kitchen in the studio had most of the basics for a vacation rental: fridge, coffeemaker, stove, blender, toaster, a few dishes, pots & pans, and utensils. Some units have a microwave, but mine did not. Standard tico bathroom, fortunately with hot water. Window a/c unit and ceiling fan kept the space quite comfortable for sleeping. I found the bed comfortable; the rest of the unit is pretty sparsely furnished, but who wants to stay inside when there is so much to do? It was clean and pleasant and fairly spacious for a studio.

If you don't feel like cooking, there is a good selection of places to eat between Manuel Antonio and Quepos, from breakfast at one of the neighborhood sodas to restaurants featuring fresh seafood and local specialties. Whether you wash it down with a tropical fruit batido or cerveza Imperial, you will know you are in paradise!

Dorit in the management office was very helpful with suggestions and arrangements for tours and activities. Prices at the Raindrop Spa downstairs are comparable to similar places in the States, but the setting is exquisite and the pampering and massage a real treat after all that sun and outdoor activity the rest of the week. I had a wonderful relaxing stay for a reasonable price. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The building hugs the side of a hill. The hill and steps leading up to the apartments are pretty ste...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in the eco-lodge/1 bed condo. The pool and grounds were very nice, but the room was not. The photos they have on their website are extremely misleading. They show bright, modern, and clean rooms, but ours was the opposite.
The furniture and decor of the room was extremely outdated and the room was dark and very musty and we were unable to ever get the smell out.
Since we are from the U.S., $100 per night seems like a great deal, but after traveling around Costa Rica we realized it wasn't. We stayed a nicer place for $40 per night, and another place we stayed which was $100 per night was like a 5-star B&B.
We had a great time in Quepos, but we avoided being in this room whenever we could.

My advice to people traveling to Costa Rica for the first time is don't book all your hotel nights in advance, travel around and find nice places where you want to stay. There are always vacancies (we were there over Christmas and there were plenty of vacancies at many hotels)

Room Tip: You will find better deal elsewhere! Hotels in Costa Rica are much cheaper than in the US and Canad...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed at MAE on a vacation to Costa Rica, and had a lovely time with my family. While as some reviewers noted there is a bit of dustiness, I found the facilities to be perfectly clean. The price was also great, and we were able to see a lot of the local areas around Quepos easily. Make sure to ask for a room with a view!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for some type of hotel which has 0 dust and 0 dirt and round the clock butlers at your whim, this is definitely not the place for you. But this is kind of more like a local cozy environment, not the best in terms of cleanliness but I didn't really mind that much when I went with my girlfriend. We had the whole villa to ourselves! Excellent view and the rooms were a pretty decent size. Only problem is that I would have liked to live in one villa for a few days then another the next just to see what they were like - obviously kind of hard since there were other tenants at the time.
We only had time to go on about 3 of the tours offered but those were great enough to see and experience the natural environment surrounding us.
Remember not to bring food that the monkeys can steal from you :)
Also I would have liked it to be a little cheaper but I'm always stingy that way. I think if more people went it would make it more economical as you are paying for a whole house I assume you could fit as many people as you would like into it! Not that I have tried..

Room Tip: check out the website for this place to have a preview of the different villas available -each one i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. We stayed in the Romantic Wood Chalet for two weeks. We couldn't believe how wonderful the hotel was for only $750 per week, making it one of the least expensive vacation that we've taken. The place was a little smaller than we thought it would be, but was perfect otherwise. The website says 550sqft, so I suppose I should've expected it. The wildlife came near the hotel, but were never a nuisance. The staff was great and gave plenty of tips throughout our stay; without their guidance, I'm pretty sure that we would've been lost. We hiked in the rainforest near Manuel Antonio during the day and would relax on the veranda with cocktails in our hotel room in the evenings. The wife went to the spa while I golfed on a few of the days, both were top notch. The place really was like a fairy tale, I've been to Costa Rica two other times and this time was the best. As soon as we save a few bucks, we're headed back during the summer.

Room Tip: For an anniversary or honeymoon, I highly recommend staying in the Romantic Wood Chalet; to be fair...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was in Costa Rica with my family for a wedding a few months ago, and after the wedding we were looking for somewhere more spacious to stay. We chose the estates, and their Toucan Villa. The villa was over 2000 square feet, and the flora and fauna surrounding were simply incredible. The view of the ocean from the house was incredible, and sitting in the hot tub, listening to the monkeys was a blast.

Our only issue on the trip was a bulb out in a lamp, but when we called the management they fixed it in an instant, so I was thoroughly impressed. They wouldn't even fix it that fast at the four seasons.

I've been all around Central America, so let me offer one piece of advise. Absorb the culture. Sometimes when you visit a luxurious place like the estates you get complacent. Some of the best food I've ever eaten has been street food. Some of the most fun I've had in my lifetime has been had while engaging with locals... And now back to the review.

The villa was great, but to all you fellow world travelers out there, be active. Quepos was one of the most perfectly designed places for an active lifestyle I've ever been to. There are some awesome hiking trails in the park that I'd highly recommend visiting, and if you miss the snorkeling, you're missing out big time. That was my family's favorite activities.

The MA estates are definitely on my list of places to come back to, and if you follow my advice, you'll love it just as much.

Room Tip: Next time I go, I want to try the Manakin Villa. Ours was great, but that looked like a huge villa...
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Manuel Antonio Estates? Share your experiences!