“True Zen/Tropical Spa Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 57 Activities in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa hours: 9 am. to 6 pm. We are close on sundays 10%dicount booking directely
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“True Zen/Tropical Spa Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I got married in Manuel Antonio and at the recommendation of our fabulous wedding planners, Tropical Occasions, chose Raindrops Spa for some relaxation time with our friends/family prior to the wedding. Everything was amazing – a true tropical spa experience. We had a few sets of friends/family go to the spa at various times and everyone had nothing but fabulous things to say.

Raindrops is the definition of “zen”. As soon as you walk into the spa you feel immediately relaxed. The space is beautifully decorated and the spa treatment rooms are amazing – complete with big open doors/windows that open to a jungle view.

When we arrived at the spa we were greeted with freshly squeezed juices and water. The staff was completely professional from start to finish. After filling out a form we were all taken to our rooms. The beds were very comfortable and what I particularly loved was the beautiful bowl of floating yellow flowers they place under the headrest – so when you are on your stomach you continue to have a relaxing view (that is if you aren’t closing your eyes!). The entire time a family of toucans were right outside chirping away – it was seriously tropical bliss. My massage was pretty good – I actually wish my masseuse applied a little more pressure – but all in all I was pretty happy. Some of our guests did say their masseuses were a little rough, but that’s easily fixed by just telling them you’d like them to be more gentle.

When we were finished with our treatments, you cross the hall to shower off your lotion/scrub, etc. I have to say whatever lotions they were using smelled amazing. Once we were dressed, they had fresh fruits (all delicious) and cheese and crackers waiting for us.

Overall, it was a 5 star experience. I know many of the resorts have their own spas, but its fun to get away and I would 100% recommend Raindrops. You will not be disappointed!

Visited February 2014
ManuelAntonioEstates, Manager Assistance at Raindrop Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello,

thanks to share with us your experience! As you said it is always good to tell to you therapist when you to deep or not enough! With the passion of the team and the jungle, we hope for everyone the best experience to the Spa!

It will be a pleasure to see all of you again!

Have a wonderful day and Pura Vida!

Katy, Texas, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Know before you go.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went to the spa for an organic facial and cocoa body massage/treatment. It's the package that this spa is "famous" for. In March the outdoor temperature was terrific, except for a period of about 10 minutes during the body wrap when I felt a little overheated. I could see that if you went at a cooler/wetter or significantly hotter time of year, it could be uncomfortable since you are exposed to ambient temperature. I am from Houston and am used to fairly warm, humid weather.

I really enjoyed the body tepreatment, particularly the exfoliation part which was like having the best back scratch ever! The massage that followed was very therapeutic which helped to identify and work on some stress points in my back. This was what I needed, but those expecting a more relaxing experience should probably explicitly ask for this. I didn't specify, and my back was SORE the next day from the therapeutic massage.

Following the exfoliation and message, I was misted and then the cocoa powder was applied, and I was wrapped in plastic (like Saran Wrap) while the therapist did my facial. I assume they do this so you'll have plenty of time to "steep" while you are completing your facial. The facial was also VERY thorough, so much so that it was painful at times during whitehead extraction. Once again, I appreciated the result --very clean skin--but I would not classify that part of the treatment as relaxing at all.

Once we finished the facial, I unwrapped, showered off, and was done. It was about 2-1/2 hours, start to finish.

As others have noted, the rooms are open to the jungle on one side, and you are expected to be naked during the treatment with-at times-fairly minimal coverage over private areas. I didn't see any Peeping Toms, thank goodness.

All-in-all, I feel that I got very thorough treatment and certainly felt refreshed and renewed afterwards. The cocoa scent lingered thru the day, which I enjoyed, and my skin looked and felt terrific.

Pickering, Canada
“The Best Swedish Massage Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have never been to a more relaxing Spa.....and I have been to a lot! The lady that did my massage was amazing! I was jelly when I left the spa, just the best experience ever, if you have the chance, book an appointment!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello,

we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here! Thanks to share with us and we hope to see you again!

Have a wonderful day!

“A complete sanctuary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a couples massage while we were spending a week in Quepos. The massages were top notch, the atmosphere and service were as well. I have been a licensed massage therapist for 10 years in Washington state, USA and I have to say that this was one of the most skilled massages I have ever received. The setting could not be better. We also had Marta come to our Villa and do a morning yoga session on the deck for about 10 of us that was in out group. It was a wonderful session that fit all skill levels and left me feeling physically and mentally revived! We will most certainly return the next time we visit!

Visited December 2013
Hi,

We have experimented therapists to give you the best experience! We are glad to know that you loved your massage! We hope to see you on your next time here!

Have a wonderful day and Pura Vida!

Guelph, Canada
“2 Hours in heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Me and my wife had the moon light massage and it was one of the most relaxing 2 hours of my life. Beautiful scenery and very cool to listen to the sounds on the jungle.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello,

we are happy to hear that both of you enjoyed your treatment to the Spa! The incredible jungle, the team and the Spa make the experience peaceful!

It will be a pleasure to see you again!