“Almost pristine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Priss

You added Hotel Le Priss to your Saves list
Hotel Le Priss
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 mtrs north from the catholic church, Quepos, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Quepos
London
“Almost pristine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The recent reviews of this hotel were not promising but it seemed fine to me. The room was clean and spacious and the hotel's site near the middle of Quepos was more convenient than some of the places strung out along the road to Manuel Antonio. I rather liked the sounds from a live band next door (their version of Santana's Oye Como Va!) and there was no disturbance from this in the room itself.

Room Tip: If the street noise disturbs you, ask for a room facing into the building.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I think I never slept in a harder bed.
There was black mold in the bathroom.
light bulbs were missing.
The tv remote some buttons worked and some not
we had to adjust the cable tv cable to be able to watch tv
The noise was unbelievable and the sad part is that the staff were making the noise
Just do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
São Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The room was clean but small, the bedlines were clean, the bed itself is too short. The bathroom is really very poor, no window, NO VENTILATION!!!, no hot water from the tap! The shower has a small electric heater in the shower knob(!), the bad isolated wires leading to the heater looks very dangerous! There is no ascensor in the building, you have to carry your luggage to the upper floors. The WIFI is available only in the near of the entrance, outside of your room. The yard is very cramped, full of parking cars, not enough space to move. The outside stairs are very slippery, the whole building seems to serve only for quick and cheap accomodation for as many tourists as possible. Tipp: do not book here- if you book in advance you pay 3 times more then if you just come in and take a room, this was my experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in March 2010 after a 'blind' booking on the internet, having read just the other reviews here on Tripadvisor. The reviews on t.adv. are all relevant and 'true' - of course every traveller has a subjective view of things and at different seasons, different situations and prices might be influencing factors for a review.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, (tried to pitch their tours to the various sites in the area - well okay) the rooms are pretty simple (for the seasonal price of $80/night!) but clean and the beds are comfortable, if you like a tougher style of mattress, not a lot of lighting in the room, but suffcient for a vacation stay (no desk to comfortably work on your laptop ...). The swimming pool on top of the hotel is neat for kids, but for swim fans too small. Very nice panoramic view however that invites to have a drink or two to relax. As this hotel does not serve anything at the pool you have to bring your own stuff!
The real issue at the hotel inside the city of Quepos is the city, the traffic noise level, the bad waste water drains (mostly open systems and it stinks at some areas like hell), an ugly city for the most part.
The hotel is directly at the main road coming from the Manuel Antonio Park and it's very noticable by the noise, specifically in the early morning hours.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
amariejosee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I stayed here for a week! Well, I had booked it in advance and unfortunately I couldn't cancel. Yes there is a nice wading pool (gets to my knees) on the roof, and a "hot tub" which isn't hot, but don't be fooled. That's the only good thing about the hotel!

First they couldn't find my reservation, I had to use my cellphone (and roam!) and handle everything because the guy at the desk would not let me use his phone to contact easyclick (where I booked this hotel). Then I go in the room and there is one towel, and very thin sheets on the bed. My son was very disappointed, and so was I. After a few days I couldn't understand why I was always itchy everywhere, I used mosquito repellant but to no avail. There were no mosquitos that I could see. I can't be 100% sure, but I think there were bed bugs on my bed because I couldn't stay still once I laid down. I hope that wasn't the case...but let's just say I didn't want to take a chance and I washed everything once I got home.

Furthermore, we had no access to any phones, neither in the room or at the reception area...they probably thought I would call international (I asked them to borrow the phone twice, to make a local call and they said they had no phone, altough it rang few seconds before...lol).

Anyway, I didn't enjoy my time here, and I'm not one to complain. There are stores nearby, and the beach is not close at all. We took a bus to Manuel Antonio almost everyday to get to the beach, and it was about a 25 minute ride with all the stops.
For the price i thought i would be better, but I was wrong. You're better off waiting until you get there and go to a hostel, at least they have great prices for average accomodations. I saw many hostels on my bus ride to the beach.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
kunal89
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

This place is a dump. The parking is terrible and you have to do some tricky moves to get in and out. Hot water did not work after repeated attempts by the non-english speaking staff. The hotel did not have blankets, it just had sheets. Anyway, there are better places in better locations. Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I took a trip with my girlfriend to Costa Rica to visit my family in San Jose for a couple of weeks. I asked if they knew of an affordable hotel by the beach that I could take my girlfriend for a long weekend. They highly recommended Le Priss, so I decided to book my room.
I was pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the hotel was! The rooms were super clean and comfortable. The best part of the hotel was there amazing rooftop pool, that overlooked the whole town. The people at the hotel took care of planning white water rafting and ATV tours for my girlfriend and I. These tours were the highlight of my trip, and I would not have known about them without the helpful people at the Le Priss. I strongly believe that you get the best bang for your buck at Le Priss.

If you find yourself in Costa Rica staying at Le Priss is a must!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Priss? Share your experiences!