“The best "naturalist" on the island!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We are local guides and drivers than run our business with quality and competitive prices, we offer the best tours and airports and cruise ports transfers with our modern vehicles, all them fully licensed, air conditioned and insured. With 12 years in the tourism industry we know how to give you a vacation of lifetime.
Saint John, Canada
“The best "naturalist" on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Christian Madrigal Arroyo is by far the best naturalist guide on the island. Not only does he know the common names for the flora and fauna but he also knows the Latin names and classifications.
We engaged Christian for our first excuration and were so happy we requested him for the next 3 trips. His knowledge reminded me of being back at university.

Visited February 2014

Brisbane, Australia
39 attraction reviews
“Excellent Choice for 1 Day Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a great tour, it started off on the Pacific Train which has been in service for 50yrs, it has been restored and is absolutely beautiful, although no air conditioning, the windows provided good breezes. It was great to see the country side and the families who waved as we went by. We then got met by our coach which took us to the Tarcoola River where we got onto a boat. This was so interesting, the driver of the boat got into the water and fed the crocodiles, rather dangerous, but I don't think there have been many injuries which is surprising. The birdlife was amazing, such a lot to see and take in. Then we had a fruit lunch and were taken back to the ship. The tour took 41/2 hours which left plenty of time to walk along the foreshore and do some shopping at the local markets. Free wifi at the ice -cream shop if you buy an ice-cream, fast internet so was good to make calls and check emails.

Visited March 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Rainforest Sky Walk and Hanging Bridges, Puntarenas, Costa Rica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The idea of walking on hanging bridges through a rainforest jungle was exotic. In reality, all we saw was thousands of trees and several busy ants on the ground. The guide was in such a rush to get us across the bridges before the next tour came behind us, that we were making constant noise and movement. It was no wonder we saw no animals or birds.

There was a good stop at a local hotel for complementary tropical fresh fruits and iced tea - watching the many iguana. That was wonderful. There was also an interesting walk over the Tarcoles River to view the large lazy American Crocodiles. I also enjoyed the visit to a small fishing village where we saw beautiful scarlet macaws doing a mating dance high in the trees.

Other than that, it was disappointing to realise later that the guide did not include all the items listed on the itinerary. We did not go into Puntarenas City for a short sightseeing tour which should have included a tree lined promenade adjacent to the beach, an old church and unusual buildings. Nevertheless, a very interesting place and we had some wonderful memories.

Visited January 2014
Mount Pearl, Canada
“Hats off to Luis- tour guide in the Puntarenas Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I found myself at the Double Tree Resort El Roble last May 2013 without luggage. It was my first real trip to Costa Rica, desided to visit and perhaps find a place where I would semi-retire. While flopping around the resort area, I met Luis recruiting peopel form tours etc.. I didn't need a tour, but I did need some cloths and things. So began my holiday adventure in Costa Rica. We set up an appointment to travel into the local community fo Putarenas to aquire the items I needed. I don't speak a lot of Spanish, and felt someone with english was the best option. My adventure did not end with the purchase of some clothes: Luis took me on private tours when neither was available (slow season), we visited rain forest, volcano, San Jose, several other attraction.

Final words: I spoke to Luis by phone during my visit to San Jose this December (2013), I didn't get to meet up this trip, he works in conjunction with a touring Vendor, I only have a phone number (506) 8553 6287, for those who want tours of any kind in the Puntarenas Cruise Ship Wharf area Costa Rica.

I have no isssued caling Luis to advise or guide me around Costa Rica.

Visited May 2013
Mesa, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
“Bumpy start, but what a great day tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We too, were on the same trip posted by "Traveling Travelers" in September.And we agree that this was the best tour of the entire cruise ...."In early September, our cruise ship stopped in Puntarenas. I had made plans for a full day excursion with Enoch's agency. Unfortunately, the person I was emailing with didn't calendar our tour so upon arrival we weren't met by anyone. At the end of the pier, we ran into Ricky Ricardo (tours of the same name) and he called Enoch when he realized we were stranded. Enoch immediately apologized and set up our tour within minutes. He said this has never happened before and he would provide the tour for free because the mistake was on his end. Well, we had such a fantastic day with our guide, Geovanna Pizarro, and our driver, Geraldo Sandoval, that we felt we should pay a fair amount for the tour. The white faced monkeys were an absolute delight and our group of six had the best time with them. We loved El Manatiel, the wildlife sanctuary where we saw many macaws and parrots, holler monkeys, tapirs and a baby porcupine. The lunch at gorgeous Villa Caletas was delicious and the views were stunning. During the tour, we tasted fruits, bought cashews, saw lots of crocodiles and had a great day.
We all agreed that this was the best tour of our cruise.
It was excellent and we would like to thank Enoch, Geovanna, and Geraldo for a great time. Thanks, also, to Ricky for being so nice in using his cellphone to call Enoch at the pier."

Visited September 2013