“Keep on driving” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mapi's Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puntarenas
Mapi's Cabins
3.5 KM From Paquera Ferry | Paquera, Puntarenas 60105, Costa Rica   |
guesswhofu
“Keep on driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

The website is very misleading when it says the beach is only 3-5mins away, the only way to make that happen is in a plane. The room where substandard, but they do have a/c.. I can not say anything about the food because I didn´t dare eat there after seeing the huge bugs in our room. The only reason I can think off for you to stay in that town is if you missing the ferry.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
nildib, Owner at Mapi's Cabins, responded to this review, June 11, 2009
My apologies that you did not feel as comfortable as most of our guests... the rooms are cleaned daily but if you leave any food in can or on floor at night, bugs will get in through crevices which is sometimes beyond our control and a natural part of the environment of Costa Rica but if you would ask for housekeeping, I'm sure it would have been taken care of right away. Being they are cabins this has not been a main issue for our guests, they are so pleased with AC and Hot water that most cabins don't offer and you don't need a plane but any search engine, will support that the nearest beach to Paquera is Playa Organos at only 5km away and Curu Reserve 6km... It's too bad you missed the food, our other reviews rave about it being the best they ever had but we understand, we can't please everybody when feeling challenged in third world countries... Again, it seems you don't need a plane but a plan, if given a chance and just asked, we'd been very helpful with that too, like another guest review stated but some people, prefer to keep on driving... it's all good in Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

My friends and I stopped here for lunch en route to our next destination and ended up having such a nice time that we stayed for a few hours. My plantain and bean dish was among the most delicious meals I had during an entire week's vacation. The staff was very down to earth and friendly, and they even helped us with tips and directions which proved to be incredibly useful...we might not have made it to our next destination without their help!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Washington DC & Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

My experience at Mapi's was excellent. The staff was very friendly, I ate some of the best food I'd had my entire vacation at their restaurant, and the rooms were quite comfortable, coming with such luxuries as ice-cold AC and showers with hot water. My room was clean and well kept, and the beds were comfortable. The location is great as well, just a quick hop to the ferry to/from the Nicoya Peninsula. I'd definitely recommend Mapi's to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mapi's Cabins? Share your experiences!