My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of spending an entire week at this magical place.
Words cannot capture our amazing experience.
The setting is pristine, jungle on one side, beach and ocean on the other. The best of both worlds.
The lodge is beautifully designed with great attention to comfort and aesthetics, yet it somehow maintains a seemless connection to the wildness surrounding it. We loved being in our cabin, as it felt open and within the forest.
The main lodge is large yet inviting. We met interesting people there, and having our meals together was both a a culinary and social experience. We met one particular couple who were so wonderful that we have no doubt that we will remain lifelong friends, despite living on two continents.
Oh yes, the food- fantastic! Every single meal was different, healthy, creative and delicious.
Finally- the extraordinary staff! The resident yogi at the time, Thais, is gentle and soulful. She conducted classes in Spanish or English and was superb. The yoga platform is on the beach, beautifully situated, and the classes I had wth her there touched me deeply.
In fact, the entire staff, without exception, were a group of knowledgeable, eager young men and women who wanted to make sure we had an optimal experience at all times. Each person seemed to have their own niche, and a set of talents generously offered.
Both of us, very experienced travelers, cried when we left.
When we die, we hope heaven is a little like Playa Nicuesa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, T4B, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez