First getting there is a mission all of its own.. The roads leading to the hotel are horrible.. you should only go if you have 4x4 truck. The property is SUPER remote.. It's on the beach so that part is very nice and of course the surrounding area is all nature, so it's beautiful in its own right. The room is spacious, it has a very large balcony/deck overlooking the ocean and is nestled in a lot of tropical foliage. The site says it has amenities in the room for global travelers.. the only thing there was, was one roll of toilet paper (which your expected to us as tissue paper as well) and one bottle of shampoo (which you are expected to use a body wash as well) and conditioner, both are in honey bottles (the plastic bear kind) and they refill them. The room has 2 fans and not enough towels.
The absolute worst part is that since it is ALL open and no AC everything is always moist and feels wet! YUCK! That part was unbearable, it makes it for a sticky evening. In fact the "spa" rooms are also open air.. so the treatment beds are also moist and wet.. Gross!
If you want to go to the beach they only allow you to take a sarong, not a towel... very unpleasant. The pool is super basic, nothing pretty about it.
As far as the included meals.. the dinner is truly family style.. basically spaghetti in a glass dish that everyone goes up to and serves themselves.. very basic dinner.. noodles, meatballs, bread and a slim salad.. no dessert or frills at all. The taste is like no thought was put into it.. Just doing enough to get by.. same thing goes for breakfast.
The staff is very nice.. we enjoyed them, but I would recommend that if you are going to for a special occasion like a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday or such.. go to something nice.. this is basically camping deluxe.
I do not
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.