We stayed in a club room facing the ocean on a particularly quiet week. It felt like we had the place to ourselves. We did activities in the morning (tree climb with Andy was the best!) then had lunch and a siesta followed by yoga, swim or a walk by the ocean in the afternoon. Yoga with Tracy was great. Treat yourself to a massage with her as well, it was the most relaxing experience, (sound of the jungle and ocean as she rubs your aches and pains away). Communal dinners were gourmet although the menu didnt really include any local food. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Only disappointment was the ocean was full of jellyfish...we got stung repeatedly. And lack of beach chairs, covered umbrellas etc. Overall a very pleasant and relaxing week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez