My brother, sister-in-law and I stayed at Iguana Lodge for five days in early January, 2013. They had one of the casitas, while I stayed in a room over the restaurant.The lodge grounds are beautiful, and there are many opportunities to see birds and even mammals (they have a wild, resident sloth!), as monkeys move through the property on occasion. It is also just close enough to Puerto Jimenez to be very convenient, so you can have a tropical eco-lodge experience without being hours away from everything, or jolting your back for hours on bad roads. The owners and staff were awesome, and the food was excellent. We ate breakfast and dinner on the property and were never disappointed. The chef in the lodge dining room prepares wonderful meals. Have at least one gourmet meal there, or sign up for the meal plan as we did.
Now, I do have to say something about the heat. I was there the same time AlisonEve, another reviewer, was. And it was HOT while we were there, and as she said, the rooms do not have A/C. However, the staff does put multiple electric floor fans in, and there is also an overhead fan. So I do say that while I was not always comfortable, the staff were doing the best they could. I love this place, and hope to go back again in the not too distant future. And while my room was fine, and less expensive, next time I will try the casitas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez