This is our second trip to the same place. Considering how big or small this globe, coming to the same place more than once, means only one - we liked first time.
The place is outstanding. Friendliness is just everywhere. Starting at meeting you in San Jose airport, then at Puerto Jimenez airport and then at front desk of the lodge. Its actually starts from their representative in USA. Place is exotic and at the same time its very secure. Its all inclusive and by second day they know your taste in drinks, food and desserts. The food quality is very good even for picky eaters (my smaller one). Sleep quality is very good - however around 5 am parrots will make so much noise reminding that's it time to wake up and go fish. The boats are well stocked with all kind drinks (beer, water, juices), lunches and fruits. Equipment on my boat was mainly Penn, which is not my favorite brand, but of good quality. Captains and crew wants you to catch fish and they are trying hard to make it happened. My small one was catching large roosters at least 2-3 per day. There are top spa at resort, but this time we did not use it. From previous visit it was very good quality. There are additional eco tours. We went to cocoa farm or "chocolate" farm for morning half day tour and it was a blast. We tried all kind of exotic fruits and sugar cane. Then it was fruits with 100% chocolate. We also took another horse riding tours in afternoon and kids had blast.
The small one wants to come back next year.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Hotel
- Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, EasyToBook and Travelocity so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.