We visited Crocodile Bay Resort February of 2012. The kids (8 and 11) loved this "fishing resort" as did we. Although not glamorous, it was perfect for a family getaway!!!!! Upon arrival we were greeted with drinks. The staff asked the kids their favorite fruits and about half hour later, when we sat down to eat lunch, the waitress brought over freshly cut mangos and watermelon which were delicious. I developed a cold upon arrival, was given medications by the staff from the hotel and the next day I was personally driven with a staff member to the nearest drug store.
The customer service was amazing and the food was delicious and fresh. The hotel grows most of its vegetables and fruits, which is a definite plus. Also our first day we were taken to the alligator swamp, which was very cool, and will never be forgotten by the kids or us. We went on multiple excursions during our stay all of which were accompanied by one of the staff members from the resort. We went on a fishing trip which again is unforgettable, we caught 2 sailfish and saw hundreds of dolphins and baby dolphins in the ocean swimming alongside the boat. Another group saw a whale during their fishing trip.
Although the resort is located on the ocean, the hotel does not have an onsite beach. NO Worries, upon your request a staff member will drive you 5 minutes away to a beautiful beach and will pick you up upon request!!!!!!
I still haven’t mentioned that all the excursions and even when going to the beach the hotel will pack a cooler with drinks, bear, snacks, sandwiches to make your trip more pleasurable.
Although not glamorous, it was one of the best vacations we ever went on. In my opinion, this resort beats any excursions or stays in the Caribbean if you are looking for exciting time with fresh local food and extremity friendly and personable staff!!!!!! This resort is good for family getaways, fishing trips, and a great way to relax while exploring Costa Rica and its culture!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez