Wow!! What an amazing place in the middle of the rainforest. We had no idea what we were heading into until we started up the road to Bosque and were greeted at the front with ice cold fruity drinks on a hot day upon our arrival. This is an upscale but primitive in essence location and fits the location perfectly. The cabinas are absolutely delightful and all look out upon the Pacific with stunning overviews of the ocean...and ours with a view to Panama. You awake to scarlet macaws and howler monkeys in the morning and the fall asleep to the crash of the ocean and red eyed tree frogs at night. The food is wonderful, hiking trails delightful, on site ecologist to learn all about the biodiversity of the rainforest and friend and wonderful staff. You can't go wrong with Bosque...our only mistake was not booking more time there!!!
- Also Known As:
- Bosque Del Cabo Rainforest Hotel
- Bosque Del Cabo Rainforest Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Bosque Del Cabo Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bosque del Cabo is a romantic getaway and a naturalist’s dream, come true. Crowning a point 500 feet above where the Golfo Dulce meets the Pacific Ocean, nestled in the unspoiled jungles of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula is a paradise found. Located in a unique and fortunate position at the very tip of the Osa Peninsula in the southern Pacific region of Costa Rica, this 750+ acre forest reserve features private, spacious bungalows and gorgeous houses perched atop the cliffs of Cabo Matapalo, each with beautiful ocean views, tropical breezes and the rainforest at your doorstep; or choose beautiful and rustic garden view accommodations surrounded by thriving rainforests. Hiking trails lead you through the forest to deserted beaches on both the Golfo Dulce and Pacific Ocean. Bosque del Cabo, which opened its doors as a hotel in 1990, is owner operated and dedicated to forest preservation. ... more less