“Unfortunately, Not good...” 1 of 5 stars

506 2 735 51 29
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Located on the Ocean drive Beach, we have some tables just on the water, for a scenic sunset dinner with candlelight and Soft Eclectic Music. it is more than 14 years that Il GIardino is rising the bar of the quality of Food, Service and Ambient, establishing the comparative mark for local and not local restaurant. This Year we started serving, first in town ever, GRILLED WHOLE FISH AND ITALIAN STYLE " FIORENTINA " STEAK, obtaining great appreciation from our Guests. We try to use, the most is possible, local products for our plates, and we, as always, produce our homemade Pasta and Bread, being, again, the only one in this. We utilize only Local Farmer Meat, that we season following the Old Italian Tradition from Toscana and Piemonte, and we prepare it on the Grill, just in front of our Guests. Our BANANA-BOMBA dessert is an unique creation of us, and somebody says that "...it is the Tiramisu' of future!!" The Fresh Fruit drinks we prepare and the Cocktails are always made with fresh fruit and no prefabricated mix are involved in them. We are the Culinary experience you are looking for in the OSA!!
Hermosa Beach
“Unfortunately, Not good...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I was really excited to go there... Backpacking in Costa Rica for 2 weeks, I wanted to enjoy a really good & romantic dinner with my wife (without rice and beans for once :) . Ready to buy a nice bottle of wine, etc... So, based on a 2 reviews from 2 different traveling guide's book, I selected "Il Giordano". It was described as Authentic Italian Cuisine cooked by the Italian Owner and his wife, the best in Puerto Jimenez, blablablablablaaa...

I would have love to love it... but, no... I usually don't write mean reviews, but the food was soooo bad that I am kind of pissed that they actually served it to us. The lobster spaghetti was not fresh at all, I actually got sick all night, the palm heart salad has no taste whatsoever, the spaghetti bolognese has barely any tomato sauce in it and even worse, barely any meat at all... The sauce for the chicken marsala was just gross...

The worst Italian food I had since my one time (and only) at one of the Bucca di Peppo 's restaurant...

The service wasn't really good. Our waitress forgot about us many time, too busy talking with her friend and folding napkins. She was really nice but just very young and inexperienced I think.

The good point was that when we first asked if we could return the salad because we didn't liked it, they took it away asap and took it of the bill.
Then, I just couldn't send everything back... So, I didn't say anything, didn't eat and paid... But then, we both got sick all night... So, here we go...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
IlGiardinoPJ, Owner at Il Giardino, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I didn't answered before to this review because it is so absurd that I was thinking that a normal customer could discriminate by itself that is blatantly a series of sentences build up only for to throw discredit on our Restaurant, and the fact that the same customer is incensing the competitor Italian restaurant in town with the words : "the best Italian cuisine in PJ" , it is enough, with the fact, again that the customer can't even write correctly the name of our restaurant, for to think that we are, again, in front of an attempt to create confusion with users of this portal.
It is always possible that something is going bad, this is a complicated form of Art, but it is absolutely impossible that everything is going bad, not with the standard that we impose to ourselves, that become, from years, the standard that have to deal with the other restaurant in town, and thousand of happy clients enjoyed repeatedly.