“Blue Osa is a magical place!” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
San Francisco, California
“Blue Osa is a magical place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My stay at Blue Osa was so much more than what I imagined it would be. I loved the yoga sessions with Yogi Aaron as our teacher and I left every one of those sessions feeling rejuvenated, re-energized and at peace. I admire both Yogi Aaron and Adam immensely for creating this beautiful retreat in the heart of Costa Rica, where people from all walks of life can come to unwind, relax and find their inner zen. You have created a paradise for the soul and have taken great care to thoughtfully provide nourishment for both body and mind. The delicious gourmet farm-to-table meals prepared with love by Chef Marie and team will always be part of my most cherished memories of Blue Osa.

Now that I'm back home, what I miss most is the sense of community and family that I felt at Blue Osa. I miss the food, the smiles, the people, the sunrises at the beach, waking up to macaws and howler monkeys and playing with the dogs. I can't wait to share my experiences at Blue Osa with my friends and family! I know deep in my heart that I will be back at Blue Osa again one day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came to the Blue Osa at a very crucial crossroads in my life: my emotional state was chaotic, in need of some rebalancing. Between Yogi Aaron and volunteer Donna, I was able to not only regain balance and inner peace, but to maintain it for an extended period of time. I had never experienced such mental silence in my life. It was truly mind blowing.

Between the wholesome foods, how the resort is perfectly laid out, and the yoga classes I was able to get to know a part of myself that I didn't know existed. Things to the Blue Osa family for helping me reclaim my mind, my soul, and my heart. I already miss you <3

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This May I completed my second stay at Blue Osa. It's often difficult to leave vacation and return to work - with Blue Osa it's more than the vacation mentality you want to stay with, it's the place and the people who care for you that make the experience so much more. I could write pages about the delicious food - even this Southern carnivore was always satisfied with the minimal meat menu. The meals at Blue Osa were consistently some of the best meals I ever had. Fresh, inventive, flavorful and satisfying.

The location is idyllic, one of the very few places I am able to completely disconnect - not only did I refrain from checking email and going online, I had no desire to do so. The spa menu is delicious, and I mean that literally. Both trips I opted to indulge in an extended treatment to start my visit off properly. This year was a 3.5 hour extravaganza that I like to refer to as the Hot Fudge Sundae: 1st course was cane sugar body scrub. That was followed by a chocolate body wrap. After showering in the private outdoor shower that is part of the spa suite, I moved on to the main course, a 90 minute full body massage. Dessert was a soothing honey facial. I'd like to provide more details, but my main memory was being gently awaken each course with "James, time to roll over....time to rinse off, time to roll over..." It's rare for me to unplug so quickly and so completely, but such is Blue Osa. How much you ask? It doesn't matter - you're on vacation, pamper yourself at least once.

All of this would be meaningless, however, if it weren't for the Blue Osa family who care for you while you are there. And I do mean CARE, not provide service. With genuine warmth, concern, humor and humility, everyone there does their personal utmost to ensure your needs are addressed and your requests are fulfilled.

Special thanks go to manager extraordinaire, Michael - one of the hardest working individuals I have ever met. It seems like Michael never sleeps he is always there and never appears frustrated or impatient even though you may interrupt him from the hundred other things he is managing behind the scenes. And let's not forget his excellent cocktails before dinner.

For optional day excursions I highly recommend the chocolate plantation tour, the ultimate zip line (even if it is raining), and the waterfall rappelling.

Dreaming of a restorative vacation? Stop dreaming and do it. You won't regret a visit to Blue Osa!

Room Tip: I shared a room both times. They are large, airy and quiet. An upstairs room is nice for the breez...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from a week at Blue Osa and quite literally feel like I'm looking at my whole life with fresh eyes. It was the perfect retreat from the stresses of city life, where I was able to spend some quality time with myself, while also being in a warm and familial like atmosphere. Each morning I would rise, let myself into their stunning yoga studio and take some quiet time before their amazing staff set out morning coffee and I grabbed my cup and walked mere steps to the beach to watch the sunrise. The food was sensational and made with love by the most charming chef and her team and the ritual of evening cocktails followed by the gathering of all the group and presentation of our meal encouraged fun mingling with the other guests as well as a sense of warmth. I thoroughly enjoyed our daily yoga classes with Yogi Arron and the gorgeous pool and design of the space by Adam made you feel that you truly pressed pause on your life for a bit and retreated to Paradise for a bit. I recommend it fully and can't wait until I can return- I think a week here annually would be perfect food for the soul. While the service and team were first rate, the food excellent, the one thing to clarify is that this is a week about celebrating the luxury of living simply. I packed nothing but flip flops, left the makeup bag and hairdryer at home and was delighted for the ease of it.

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was lucky enough to have just spent a week at Blue Osa. I couldn't recommend it more. It's peaceful, chic and relaxing. AMAZING food, mostly veggie and still full of flavor. Gorgeous cocktails, super fun adventure day trips. The design and planning that Adam has put into the buildings and every detail of the spaces is mirrored by Yogi Aaron's massive experience and expertise with teaching Yoga and setting a relaxed but fun atmosphere throughout. Marie and the crew in the kitchen are constantly working away prepping delicious and good for you meals. Michael the manager is a machine, running the world there with a light touch and no stress visible to guests, he's wonderful. Waking up to the sunrise over the water, leaning into a yoga class, a day trip, an amazing lunch, an afternoons rest and playing in the pool, catching up on work, cocktails, amazing dinner...sleep. REPEAT! I could stay for months. A great value for the chic, wellness traveler. This is the real deal.

Room Tip: I loved my room in the Yoga building. #4 has wifi...:)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had visited the Blue Osa when it first opened in 2011 and it was so beautiful that I knew I would come back and lead a retreat at this gorgeously designed resort some day. That dream just came to fruition with my first Painting, Yoga and Surf Retreat at the Blue Osa. The staff was like family, they really supported me in setting up a painting studio on site, which was an experiment and they were very accommodating! The spa treatments were world class, and the food was fabulous and the rooms and design, stunning. I love level of consciousness, heart and intentionality that the founders put into their vision and they are very committed to their own personal evolution as well as the vision of Blue Osa. I can't wait to come back next year!

Room Tip: Loved my room under the yoga pavilion facing the ocean!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There is a lot of reason why you should go to this place, first of all it is in a great location. If your mission is do yoga, in a relax environment this is where you have to be.
The food is incredible, all healthy, fresh and good for your body and soul.
The staff is like your family, you wont know what I am talking about until you go, from the chef to the gardener, everyone is nice in a warm and friendly way.
The beach is right infront, a beautiful private beach perfect for swimming and long walk, even for a good jogging. The pool is just perfect, nothing else to say about it.
The rooms are private, clean and good taste decorated.
Beside all those reason are the peaceful environment, the silent (beside the nature noises) and the calm feeling that invite you to meditate, do yoga and be relax.
Namaste!

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!