“Come here if you want to ignite your soul” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Miami Beach, Florida
“Come here if you want to ignite your soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was by far one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I truly enjoyed this hotel. I am in the hotel business and have been for several years. The staff at Blue Osa was EXCEPTIONAL paired with the fine cuisine. I love healthy food and Blue Osa had it! If you are looking for an experience like none other then I highly recommend you come here. If you want a retreat away from your hectic lifestyle then this is the place for you. I felt completely at home and refreshed. I was able to let go of my busy lifestyle and everyday stress. I woke up to the birds and the sound of the ocean everyday and completely fell in love with nature all over again. This place is perfect for the soul and igniting you lifes purpose. This experience changed my life because I did it with a cast on my foot. The staff was so helpful I couldn't believe it! The acupuncture with Koji is amazing and Marcela for a massage was the best I have ever had! Michael from the staff helped me everyday! This place rocks! Namaste

Room Tip: Get the room where the yoga studio is or upstairs so you can see the water :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

As an experienced yoga teacher and long time traveler to Costa Rica, Blue Osa exceeded my expectations! It was such an authentic yoga experience, with farm to table food, an eco friendly environment, and yoga studio with spectacular views…and teachers. Blue Osa has incredibly dedicated staff, and that in part is what makes this retreat center so special. For me, Blue Osa took yoga retreat to a whole new level. MUST VISIT!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Another New Year’s visit to the wonderful Blue Osa Resort. This was my second year facilitating a Yoga & Shamanic Retreat at Blue Osa. Anyone who has facilitated any kind of retreat knows how much work is involved. This year most of my pre-retreat coordination was with Adam (one of the resort owners). I could not have asked for a better partner & working relationship.
Once I arrived I knew I had returned to my jungle/yoga/beach paradise. Your energy can change just walking in the gate.
Aaron & Adam continue to work on refinements and upgrades to their property. There is a new sound system on the yoga deck, which made our Trance Dance ceremony even better than the one the previous year. The covered sitting area next to the pool is a great addition, and the food that comes from their gardens is so delicious.
I’ve now stayed in almost half of the different room at Blue Osa, I like them all. It would be hard to choose a favorite. There are features that make each room unique.
The staff at the Blue Osa is incredible, from the wizards in the kitchen led by Marie & Jose, to Michael the property manager. Aaron very generously spend time with me sharing his wisdom and insights about marketing & promoting future retreats.
This year some of the group did the ½ day hike to Matapalo. It was one of the many highlights of the week, we could not have asked for a better guide (he is part of the staff at the Blue Osa). We saw all four species of monkey’s that live on the Osa Peninsula. If you have not taken this hike don’t miss it…I would do it a second time, there is so much to see and experience.
I continue to be amazed at the high quality of the food at Blue Osa. All of the meals were wonderful and they do such a great job working with guests who has dietary restrictions or preferences. The height of our culinary experiences had to be the feast prepared and served to us on New Year’s Eve, just spectacular.
Finally how can I not mention one of the most unique things about the Blue Osa and that is the setting. You have jungle on 3 sides and the fourth is the wonderful beach and ocean. Here nature is anything but subtle. You cannot help being drawn in by her beauty and vitality. She will make her presence felt at almost every moment; from Macaws announcing their arrival as they fly in and land in a tree just above your head; or the Holler Monkey’s waking you up at 4am, giving you enough time to get up so you can go down to the beach to enjoy another spectacular sunrise.
As a teacher, retreat leader, and resort guest I am extremely grateful for the wonderful the days and nights that I’ve been privileged to spend at the Blue Osa Resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staying at Blue Osa was an incredible and unforgettable experience - one that I will remember for the rest of my life. I immediately felt like a part of the family when I arrived. The staff was so welcoming and attentive, I felt right at home. When it was time to go, I didn't want to leave.

The property is stunning; it is surrounded on three sides by the rainforest (which is alive with scarlet macaws, howler monkeys, green parrots, and other exotic species). The Gulfo Dulce is right beyond the front lawn and is the perfect place to enjoy the morning sunrise, sip a cup of coffee, go for a swim, or walk down the beach with the three household dogs (Rama, Steve, & Pete).

The food! The meals are unbelievable. Three farm-to-table meals each day made from fresh and local ingredients. The food was healthy and delicious and made me always go back for second helpings! Dinner was one of my favorite times of the day, because the staff and guests gather around the table to discuss what the chef's have prepared. It is a beautiful tradition that really makes you feel like you are part of the community.

My favorite memories from my stay at Blue Osa are the sunrises over the Gulf, the delicious farm-to-table meals, the adventurous eco-tours (horseback riding, zip-lining, Chocolate Tour and waterfall hike), and the amazing new friends I met on my trip. I loved every moment of my stay and would recommend this place to all of my family and friends. It is a tropical paradise where you will forget all of your stress, sink into a new level of relaxation and never want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I coordinate retreats for my company. This was our first time at Blue Osa. We found the staff to be wonderful to work with. All our needs were addressed in a timely manner with pleasure by all staff members. The food was very high quality and delicious and they accommodated special dietary needs easily. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely furnished. The grounds are intimate and secluded. The beach, while public, were as if for our own use. The yoga room is extraordinary. Great care was put into it's design and craftsmanship and having our sessions there was magical. This is one of the best retreat centers we've used in a very long time, we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place is like no other! I had previously been to Bali on a yoga retreat and was expecting something similar, but this was beyond! The food - amazing AND healthy (I was never hungry), staff is more than happy to help with anything (including doctoring my injuries from surfing), and the people you meet from all other walks of life make this place so special. The excursions are expertly handled, no problem. And of course it is Costa Rica so beauty is everywhere! All at a competitive price. Aaron and Adam, the owners, are not only all about being "green", but they are also working to give back to local schools. LOVE THIS PLACE. Highly recommend as a place to recharge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I travel full time for work, so to say that Blue Osa turned out to be a real vacation for me is a big deal. I spent six days at this magical little Costa Rican hideaway and absolutely loved every moment of it. Within the hour after arriving, I found myself in the dark open air yoga studio, stretching my body to the sounds of the ocean. Considering I had never actually done yoga before arriving, you could definitely say that Blue Osa had an effect on me. From the person hammock at the foot of my bed to the soft secluded beach, there was no end of places to comfortably spend my time truly relaxing. I had the best sleeps of my life here. The meals were healthy and delicious, and I probably made more than 10 smoothies in the cocina. I loved Pete, Steve and Rama--the Blue Osa pups made the experience just a little bit better for me, as they joined me on beach walks and explorations around the property. I will definitely return to Blue Osa next time I'm in Costa Rica and will highly recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Suite 10 has a personal hammock and is beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!