“The best place for yoga retreats” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Jimenez
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
You added Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa to your Saves list
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Slovakia
“The best place for yoga retreats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I did a week yoga retreat at Blue Osa (one with Gayle Olson from Exotic Yoga Retreats) and it was the best thing ever! Not only the yoga classes were great and I learned a lot, Blue Osa is an amazing place for a retreat like that - right on a private beach where the sunrise is just spectacular. Trust me, you will want to wake up so early every single morning as it's a must do while here. The Blue Osa staff made my stay unforgettable and their Costa Rican ''pura vida'' just made my day every day. Aw, and the cuisine! OMG, so delicious. You kind of get addicted to all the fresh fruit, veggies and tasty meals at Blue Osa. I highly recommend to get some spa treatments with Marcela and Laura, such as chocolate massage or aloe vera wrap. You should also try the acupuncture and Chinese medicine healing done by Koji who is a master and was able to cure my joints after an accident I had years ago. Thumbs up also for organic soaps, solar panels and no chlorine in the pool. I will never forget the yoga room with the sea views, nor the birds, butterflies, monkeys and iguanas around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
South Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently just returned from a wonderful week at Blue Osa. Aaron, Adam, and their friendly team welcomed us all like family. It was, hands down, the best vacation I've ever taken.

First of all, the yoga studio was its own slice of paradise; the second-story open air studio overlooked the ocean, and was surrounded by the beautiful Blue Osa gardens. Vytas led the retreat, and he was an incredible and challenging instructor. Our group woke up to the most magical sunrises, and spent the morning silence sipping coffee, reading, writing, and lounging in the rocking chairs and hammocks around the property. The meals were fresh, flavorful, and delicious; the longest stretch between meals was between brunch (10am) and snack (2:30), but the chefs were always willing to cut up some fruit for us if we were hungry. They always had pitchers of cucumber or citrus water, hot water for tea, and coffee out. The rooms were cute and clean, and surrounded by gardens.

From the incredible yoga to the wonderful food to the friendly and fun owners and staff, this vacation was the best I've ever taken. I was a bit worried at first about having no AC and spotty hot water, but I was very comfortable the entire trip. It was lovely to fall asleep the breeze, and the design of all of the buildings allows for plenty of shade and breeze.

Another element I loved about this trip was that there were plenty of spaces for our group to gather and socialize (the living-room type area outside the office, the dining area, the pool, etc), but there was also plenty of space to find peace and solitude (the gardens, the beach). It was the perfect balance of fun, relaxation, good food, exercise, and laughter.

I can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was recently at the Flourish! Yoga Retreat at Blue Osa, and it was an amazing get-away! I was impressed with every element that Aaron and Adam have incorporated into this paradise-like setting. You can believe all of the positive reviews that you read!

The people and the service, the food, the cleanliness, the setting and ambiance - all absolutely perfect for a traveler like me, who was looking for a mix of experiences: tranquility in a beautiful environment, a retreat away from the concrete jungle into nature, as well as many adventures in the outdoors!

I plan to return to Blue Osa again - annually if I can!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I LOVED everything about Blue Osa, from its beautiful grounds (including a heavenly ionized lap pool one can float in for hours), lovely eco chic rooms, beckoning spa treatment nooks, THE BEST yoga studio I've ever practiced in or led classes out of, to the gracious staff including the amazing Marie, chef extraordinaire, jungle creatures and resident cats and dogs, and the most welcoming owners one immediately could call "friends." I fell in love with Blue Osa upon landing, and I would DEFINITELY recommend a visit!

Room Tip: Room #6 was the best!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dominical, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was our third time hosting a Yoga Retreat at Blue Osa and as always we were treated like family. Aaron and Adam have created a wonderful team who are all service focused, friendly and so happy. Blue Osa is set in a beautiful surround and we were so happy to see so many Macaws this year. The food is outstanding and if we could smuggle the chefs home with us, we would! Aaron and his team also endeavored to make all our guests feel welcome, looked after and safe. As a retreat leader you often have a lot of responsibilities but Blue Osa makes it easy. Two thumbs up :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We recently attended a fabulous yoga/Pilates retreat at Blue Osa led by Jordanna Dworkin. While she set the tone for the group with her loving personality and amazing teaching ability, the Blue Osa staff complemented the lovely site with a constant friendly and helpful attitude. The setting was relaxing and inviting. The endless natural beach was a few steps from our door and the luscious lap pool with comfortable shaded seating was never crowded. The kitchen staff provided creative, healthy, ample and delicious food. We loved gathering at the bar before dinner where Michael whipped up his creative cocktails. We indulged in several activities off premises and were always happy to return to our home at Blue Osa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Pembroke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I attended Blue Osa for the one month teacher training. One of the first things that Yogi Aaron told the group was that “each of you will get what you need here” and we all did. The experience was wonderful and life changing. The rooms were vary clean. I had attended this training solo and got placed with a wonderful roommate here. I loved how the bathroom was set up, very comfortable to share with someone you don’t know.

Furthermore, the staff were amazing. They made amazing meals and catered great to vegans, meat eaters, vegetarians and just overall hungry people! What’s was even better then their food was their amazing personalities. I went on the Matapalo tour with a guide named Pheo. He was so kind and that was one of the highlights of my trip! We spotted all of the monkeys, macaws daily, two types of dart frogs and the list goes on! I recommend any type of tour with Pheo, he's a treasure. Also, one of the really cool things about Yogi Aaron is how adaptable and helpful he is. He makes every expect of your trip better and he is really great at satisfying the needs of his customers! For example, he is great at helping you decide on cool places to check out in town! Overall, Blue Osa has a great communal vibe and a fantastic beach. I will be going here again one day and I would recommend the yoga teacher training to anyone who wants to better themselves and gain a new perception on life!
P.S I was only 3 months into yoga when I came to Blue Osa. If you have an interest in the Yoga Teacher Training, just go for it!!! I

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!