“Paradise and...love...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Jimenez
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
You added Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa to your Saves list
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yarmouth, Maine
“Paradise and...love...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Blue Osa resort is indeed a sacred and loving space. I have travelled to Blue Osa 2 years in a row for a one week yoga retreat with my teacher and dear friends and family. Upon my return to Blue Osa this year I felt like I was home from the moment that I stepped on to the property. Aaron (owner) and staff- Paul, Marie, Jose, Jesus, Marcella and many more are full of love. They live their lives and practice connection and compassion for people in every moment creating a space where visitors are considered family.
Accomodations are simple but beautiful with a focus on environmental sustainability. The property is impeccably maintained with beautifully landscaped yard. The beach sits right off the property facing east toward everyday's amazing sunrise. The food is the best I have ever experienced at any resort anywhere in the world and it is made with love. Nature surrounds the area, of course, as it is Costa Rica, with daily sightings of macaws, tucans and the like as well as monkeys and more. This place is nature and humanity at its best.
We went for yoga but received transformation. Blue Osa brings brought out the best in all of us.

Room Tip: All rooms are sweet and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My Blue Osa experience was beyond my expectations. My hours were spent in wonderful sensory overload with delicious meals and becoming one with nature that is so bountiful at Blue Osa....warm waves on a long secluded beach, mated macaws flying overhead, breathtaking sunrises, monkey serenades and the loyal dogs of Blue Osa that keep you company while playing in the waves. I was there for a yoga retreat in April and a retreat it was in every sense of the word. If you are looking for respite from your busy life, or looking for time to find some peace and go within, the abundant nature here is sure to help you find it. Healthy gourmet meals presented by the most friendly staff make every meal a joyful experience! The people of Blue Osa live with open hearts and are here to make sure your every wish and whim is fulfilled whether it is a hike or a zipline experience or wanting to learn more about the local flora and fauna or the most amazing massages you'll ever experience. Here is where you will find it. I have experienced Costa Rica and I was glad I experienced it at Blue Osa. I will return....

Room Tip: no need to choose ~ they are all within hearing of the ocean waves and all very special
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Blue Osa provides you with the peaceful sanctuary that we all need at times from our busy lives. I attended a yoga retreat there recently with some amazing people. From the moment you arrive, the staff cares for you like family with warm friendly smiles. The views of the sun and ocean in the early morning will take your breath away. The food was healthy and tasty. It is definitely worth the trip and I eagerly await returning next year. Namaste.

Room Tip: A room under the yoga studio facing the ocean.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I purchased a vacation package from Living Social for Blue Osa and stayed for 7 days with my wife in late March. I have traveled all over the world, and nothing has left a bigger imprint for me than my stay at Blue Osa. It's as though someone took the most majestic piece of ocean front land and just dropped this tiny resort perfectly in place.

We did not go as part of a yoga retreat, but we did use the yoga studio often. The studio is fully equipped with all props and rental mats. The studio overlooks the ocean and the sounds of the waves crashing add the perfect soundtrack for your practice. If you don't practice yoga, don't worry, there were plenty of people who were there just for the R&R that never stepped foot in the yoga studio. It seems like they had just as an incredible time as we did.

Blue Osa is EXTREMELY laid back. You can have dinner in shorts and a t-shirt, lunch in your swimsuit, and enjoy some cocktails in the evening. Aaron, the owner, is a legit yogi who is extremely kind . He and his staff take the business of running Blue Osa very seriously, but they don't take themselves very seriously which means lots of fun and laughter.

The food is prepared by a French chef named Marie and her loyal assistants. The only other time I have eaten this well was in the Tuscan countryside. For those of you who have been to Italy, need I say more?

Blue Osa has plenty of activities to keep you occupied. However, the location is very remote and provides an excellent opportunity to unplug from the world, read, and reflect. The remoteness of Blue Osa also means that the beautiful black sand beach is almost always deserted. I really enjoyed the rare opportunity to literally be on my own private tropical beach.

Who should not go here:
-There is no air conditioning, but you will get used to it like I did. I had no trouble sleeping whatsoever. If you cannot handle the thought of not having AC, then don't go

-If you don't know what to do with yourself unless there are non-stop activities, don't go. There are activities, but if you can't read a book or just relax by the pool or beach for a couple of hours then this might not work for you.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is entirely screened in so that you won't need to use the mosquito nettin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I spent a glorious week at the Blue Osa. This was different from any other vacation experience we've had. If you are looking for a big party by the pool every day, this is not for you. If you are looking for a retreat to nature, incredibly healthy and tasty food, reflection and peace, this is the spot. There are also a lot of expeditions (kayaking, hiking in the rainforest, zip lining, etc.), that we enjoyed. The beach in front of the Blue Osa is extremely private and untouched. I would suggest walking left on the beach for a bit before getting in the water...hardly any rocks there. Many days we felt like we were on our own little island as we floated in the ocean waters. We stayed in the front room under the yoga studio and it was beautiful, elegant, and Eco-friendly. Lovely all around and the food is simply fabulous. The dogs that live there are amazing and often went for ocean swims with us. Wonderful recharging experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Front two rooms under the yoga studio are very nice with private porches. Some rooms do not have fu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a mid-50's fit and active traveller who wanted to experience Costa Rica through a quiet vacation in just one place by the sea. In doing so I could look forward to watching the light of each day, the sights and sounds of the jungle animals, swim everyday and experience yoga without the frenetic hustle and bustle of "vacation". Blue Osa was the perfect place for me and exceeded my expectations. The amenities are dreamy, the food beautiful and delicious and the staff friendly and personable. The yoga deck was fabulous with views of the ocean and open breezes coming in from all sides. It was a home-away-from-home for me and I soon hope to return.

Room Tip: I recommend a room with cross-ventilation such as a corner location. This is an eco-resort without a...
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have retreated at Blue Osa three times in 4 years: twice as a yoga participant and on my latest visit, I held my first yoga retreat there. I can honestly say, Blue Osa continues to impress and gets better with time!" The buildings, rooms and grounds are quite lovely. If you need to get away, this is the place! The yoga deck is fabulously beautiful. Great for practice and meditation. Also, you have the beach at the end of the property that is quiet and peaceful. Mouthwatering delectable meals prepared by Chef Marie. With Aaron, Marie, Gabby, Jose and the rest of the staff, my retreat-sters and I was left wanting nothing! The entire Blue Osa staff is to be commended for their attention to service and detail! Blue Osa is Paradise!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!