“A luscious slice of heaven on Earth.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Jimenez
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
You added Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa to your Saves list
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“A luscious slice of heaven on Earth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The week I spent at the Blue Osa in Costa Rica was one of the most enriching and life enhancing weeks of my life. The Blue Osa is a true spiritual sanctuary and a luscious slice of heaven on Mother Earth. The yoga studio is pura vida as well as the celestial sunrises on the beach, the fresh water swimming pool, and the chatter of the regal scarlet Macaws who nest on trees just overhead. The food is fresh, organic, and delicious. I don't know where else one can enjoy fresh baked French bread each morning in the middle of the jungle. The staff are a true delight and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I am an avid and fastidious traveler, so trust me when I say: Don't walk - run - to the Blue Osa on your next holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice people. Nice atmoshere. Amazing and wonderful place for a quiet and energizing retreat. Thanks to Marie the unforgettable French cooker! And the family dogs also. The beach is so desert and peaceful also. Peace on earth.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I spent 7 nights at Blue Osa, as part of a yoga retreat. It was one of the greatest weeks of my life. Blue Osa is a blessing and finding it makes it your blessing. It offers in an eco friendly way (ie no blow drivers and no flushing toilet paper) simple and beautiful achitecture, grounds, location, with freshly prepared food for each meal, and a great staff. Blue Osa encourages you to be present. This is enhanced by silent mornings until 7:30 a.m. It helped all of us to be still and present.

Blue Osa is located on a beach. It was very humid and hot and as one who doesn't do well in the heat, I was a little uncomfortable. Uncomfortable and very very happy. The wildlife in this tucked away verdant paradise are great fun to watch - macaws with their young; and howler monkeys in the trees.

If you are super lucky, you could visit the Osa Wildlife Sanctuary, and learn about the 4 species of monkey in Costa Rica; the two and three toed sloth; and a myriad of other animals. And if you are super lucky, your boat out to the Sanctuary will break down for a little while, and you can swim and snorkle and sing songs. And the owners and staff always hold good space.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent a week in heaven at Blue Osa with my daughter. It was a magical and memorable trip. Aaron, Michael, and Paul were our hosts for the week. From the moment we arrived until our final goodbyes we were graciously taken care of. Marie's food was prepared with such love that every morsel fed the soul as well as the body. I'm still dreaming about her black beans with chocolate....I had several spa treatments from both Jesus and Marcela and I can't wait to come back for more. I felt like I had gone to heaven when I had the Watsu massage with Jesus.

Every morning I got up to see the spectacular sunrise and then swim in the ocean. Then morning coffee and fruit on the veranda before going for yoga in the studio overlooking the ocean. I could have easily spent the week on the Blue Osa grounds but my daughter and I also took several side trips from ziplining through the canopy, to climbing a giant strangler tree and jumping out via tarzan style to rappelling down a 200 ft waterfall.

A highlight was Wednesday night when Aaron brought several of the local vendors and tradespeople in for a farmer's market on the property. Marisio, the local music man and puppetter brought puppets of the animals of the rainforest and played music for us while we ate. After dinner we all danced and sang.

Caitlin, my daughter and I can't wait to return. Thank you Blue Osa family for taking such good care of us. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I had talked about taking a trip to Costa Rica for a few years. We saw a Groupon offer for Blue Osa which immediately caught our eye. We went on tripadvisor and read all the outstanding reviews and were intrigued. Our Groupon included 4 nights, our flight from San Jose-Pavas to Puerto Jimenez, all three meals, a bike & hike and 2 spa treatments. We had some problem planning the trip during the Groupon time frame. I reached out to Aaron who was beyond helpful and accommodating. He allowed us to pay an upgrade and chose a week that worked for us.

Aaron's accommodating prior to our trip was the first of many throughout our experience. The staff is beyond helpful and friendly. Marie is an AMAZING chef and a wonderful lady. Every meal we had was delicious. Paul is a character and daily happy hour with his " cocktail of the day" quickly became a highlight during our stay. Other characters not to be looked over are the 4 Blue Osa dogs! Those dogs live the LIFE! Really fun to bring to the beach with you for a swim.

The property is well maintained, tranquil and beautiful. The main area where all the meals are is very relaxing and a nice place to read or talk to other guests. My boyfriend and I walked down to the beach every day and no matter the time, always seemed to be the only people on the beach (well except for the 4 dogs). It's amazing to have this beautiful uninhabited beach right outside Blue Osa.

There was a yoga retreat there the same time as us so they had regularly scheduled yoga classes. I dropped in on one of the classes that Aaron guest taught which was amazing! He's a great instructor-really focusing on not just doing the positions but doing them correctly. I learned a lot about realignment from him.

We took advantage of the bike and hike that was included in our package. The bikes could use a little updating especially since the road is so bumpy, but it was a nice experience and got to see a waterfall tucked away in Matapalo. We also did a 3 hour kayak tour through the mangroves which was nice and relaxing. It's an easy paddle and you'll see a lot of different animals and take a break on a nice deserted beach.

One of our favorite actives was he Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour. Alex, who owns and operates the property is an awesome guy. He taught us all about different fruits that they grow on the property (and let us taste!) and the entire process of creating chocolate from the cocao plant, to extracting the beans and then grinding them into chocolate. The chocolate fondue and fresh fruit at the end was a great end to the experience!

We've never stayed at a resort like Blue Osa before and were happy we did! It's a totally unique experience and I would highly recommend it especially for other tight-wound New Yorkers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Last year I spent a wonderful week at Blue Osa and I just returned from another week long visit. The Blue Osa experience is so unique and the hosts and the staff are so wonderful - they are relaxed, gracious, friendly and amazingly good at what they do. Marie's cooking is almost too good to be true - the food is beautiful and delicious. She obviously loves what she does and it shows in the food as well as the atmosphere in her kitchen. The rooms and grounds are impeccably maintained and the beautiful beach is just icing on the cake. And last but not least, the guests this place attracts seem to always just be wonderful, friendly folks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I had the most memorable experience here at Blue Osa.
From the yoga, to the food, the beach that was untouched, the adventures, massage ( dont miss this),making friends, and all the nature.
Paul you made our trip with your outgoing personality and amazing personal yoga class.
We joined for 2 days a yoga retreat that made us feel healthy body and mind.
We left feeling stupedious!
We will be back ...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!