We spent 6 nights (June 28-July 4 2012) at Blue Osa using a Groupon promotion. It was a trip of a lifetime. First off, my fiance proposed to me the 1st morning we woke up there to a beautiful sunrise on the beach. I have wanted to visit Costa Rica for years and this exceeded my expectations. At Blue Osa we enjoyed several of the activities and tours available. The staff was wonderful and friendly. There was a yoga retreat for instructors the week we were there and they allowed me and my fiance to join in their sessions. The massages were great, we were with young woman whose name has slipped my mind. We went on the Corcovado day trip (saw amazing wildlife), on the Rainforest Bike and Hike (saw more amazing wildlife and a small waterfall that flows into a nice sized pool), and we also did the Waterfall Rapelling. The Waterfall rapelling was awesome!!! The weather was hot but the rain in the late afternoon or evenings cooled it off for bedtime.
There isn't even a strong enough word for how great the food is at Blue Osa! The food is fresh, delicious and unique. Maria and her staff were great. Since we all eat together, we ate with Yoga group and some had restrictions in their diets so we all ate the restricted diets but it didn't stop them from delivering the same quality meals.
It was a wonderful trip where we were able to relax in a peaceful atmosphere in the middle of a jungle with a beach and without all the chaos and technology that distracts us in our normal routines.
The only thing that I would say is not to go in with super high expectations on the rooms. The rooms were nice enough, but remember you are in the middle of the jungle and it is hot and there is no air conditioning. It is more of a camping type feel but that is part of the unique experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez