“My wonderful 12 days at The Blue Osa” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
New York City, New York
“My wonderful 12 days at The Blue Osa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My first time in the country Costa Rica of Blue Osa was spent at The Blue Osa. Very much looking forward to my next time at The Blue Osa, already planned for next year. The Blue Osa, low key and informal but still with class and style. I have traveled all around the world and there is nothing negative I have shared with anyone about the Blue Osa. Right on the ocean, with a beach great for swimming and strolling. Not always the case I have discovered at some luxurious resorts. The weather was perfect and the grounds are beautiful. For you pool lovers, the pool and surrounding area is even more gorgeous then the pictures. Food is served buffet style, but dietary issues are gladly accommodated. Every meal was delicious served in a beautiful open air dining area. Many activities in the area that Blue Osa can arrange, but never leaving the grounds of the hotel is a great way to spend a few days. Could go on and on. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, only difference is the size.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
blueosa, Owner at Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Christopher, what a treat to have you and the group come to Blue Osa in February. Wow. One of the largest groups we have had yet. What a week.

From someone has travelled so much, your comments and insights were very appreciated. And Marie still talks about the chicken you made one night.

Blessings
Aaron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hockessin, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Every detail of my stay at the Blue Osa was exquisite. The staff treats you warmly, like family that they want to be around, and the atmosphere is balanced between the beauty of the natural surroundings and the way the buildings and furnishings are carved around it. Adam and Michael were fabulous hosts who genuinely care for every guest. And don't get me started on the food -- delicious and nutritious! My co-workers keep telling me that I am walking on air since I returned from my Blue Osa experience. I cannot insist enough how deserving a 5 star plus vacation destination Blue Osa is.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

Blue Osa blew my mind away. Everything combined to make my stay there an experience like no other. The grounds are immaculate, the open architecture, the rooms are well appointed and decorated in a very simple but elegant way, not to mention the secluded beach.. However, the true magic came from its staff. Aaron is such a gracious & friendly host, not to mention a terrific yoga instructor. The kitchen staff led by Marie kept me and the rest of the group well fed and in good spirits. The same goes for the housekeeping and groundkeeping staff. One of my best experiences was getting to know them. I spent an extra day at Blue Osa with very few guests. Most of the students in my retreat group had left and a new group was arriving later so I had the entire place for myself for a good portion of a day. I was treated like family, everyone constantly checking in on me, making sure I was confortable and enjoying my day. That same day I had the pleasure of having lunch with Adam (Aaron's business partner), Marie, Michael (manager) and other staff members at their table. They made me feel like part of their family, happy to see me and to share their table with me. That alone was the icing on an otherwise perfect cake. I spent my birthday at Blue Osa, surrounded by people that until that week I had never met. I have to say, this was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.
I am looking forward to my next visit, which I hope will be sooner rather than later.

• Stayed February 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Everyone's reviews of Blue Osa are right on--Marie's fresh and healthy cooking was such a treat, the location is perfect, Aaron and Paul were so nice, and they'll help you figure out what--if any--activities you want to do, and you don't have to plan ahead. So we did a few of them--kayaking, nature walk, animal sanctuary, and climbed an 80-foot tree. We mixed that in with a couple days of rest, and it was a perfect blend. We really enjoyed the other guests who were there when we were--either we really lucked out, or Blue Osa just attracts good and kind people. We had hot water and electricity, no problem. Just know to bring a good selection of shoes (hiking, walking, teva types, even Crocs). Bring bug spray, for sure (although they have lovely mosquito nets over the beds), and you gotta be able to live without a flatiron or hairdryer (oh, that was soooo hard for me!). Their pool is spectacularly gorgeous and clean, and we definitely recommend getting the most unique massage of your life from Jesus! If leaving your dogs at home makes you sad, they have three sweet dogs on the property, and most often when you start walking to the beach, a couple of them might join you! We would recommend Blue Osa to our friends and family, without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent a sublime week at Blue Osa -- the location, the more or less private beach, the excellent food and the friendly staff-- made it a truly memorable experience. The hotel website gives you a good intro to what's in store. They are very eco-conscious, and if you are going for yoga, this is certainly the place for you. If, however, you are looking for somewhere to replicate your urban consumerist life in a tropical setting, this will not be to your taste. At Blue Osa you truly can un-plug and leave as small a 21st century footprint as possible while relaxing and taking in the beauty of the surroundings.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just spent a week there on a yoga retreat and had an exceptional experience. I love nature and Blue Osa is right in the middle of it all - jungle, beach, wildlife. There are beautiful birds everywhere, and you may be awoken at dawn by the sound of howler monkeys (although I didn't spot any directly on the grounds). The yoga practice studio overlooks the beach and is beautiful. The food was excellent and the staff exceptionally friendly. There were many day trips and excursions that could be arranged. The pool is gorgeous. I can't wait to go back to the Blue Osa.
Mike L, NY, NY

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Blue Osa Changed my life! Secluded black sand beaches, neat architecture, Amazing dinners and the best yoga instruction I have ever had doesn't even describe my life-changing experience! This was such an amazing vacation!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!