“Truly a magical place... you will fall in love!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Jimenez
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
You added Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa to your Saves list
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Certificate of Excellence 2014
longwood
“Truly a magical place... you will fall in love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It was my desire to go to the Osa Penninsula for several years now. I'd been to Costa Rica twice before and really wanted to experience what is considered one of the most biodiverse areas on the planet. I chose Blue Osa because it has oceanfront real estate but is surrounded by the rainforest and plenty of areas for hiking and exploration, but NOTHING prepared me for the beauty, peace and tranquility I was about to experience.

From the moment I arrived and even before in the planning phase Aaron efficiently saw to it that all my needs were met.... The wonderful chef Marie made sure that I ate only the freshest, tastiest and most wonderful meals. Who knew you had to go to the Osa penninsula to get a French chef, using local homegrown Costa Rican ingredients to get the best meals I've had in a long time. Adam was there with inspirational conversation and had designed this facility with the guests comfort and relaxation in mind. The grounds are beautifully manicured, the facilities immaculately clean, the staff warm and attentive and the views and sounds of the wildlife are truly magnicifent!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience on the Osa Penninsula or at Blue Osa. If you are looking to blend sightseeing and exploration with rest and relaxation... THIS IS THE PLACE! Oh and don't forget to get some of their spa services! Jesus and Aaron provide such wonderful services and you won't be disappointed!

I will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

At Blue Osa I had the distinct pleasure of having the place all to myself for a few days during the off season. I will not spend much time on the physical description of the property, since all was superb and they have posted excellent photos on their website. It's truly as beautiful as the pictures. What did make this visit special was the staff (and their pets). Every morning Vagabond (sweet, old dog) and I took a walk on the beach. The canaries were chirping outside my window. The macaws make a fuss in the skies every morning. Aaron's laugh is contagious and you can't wait to hear it again. Mary (the chef) is a triple threat. Speaking French, English, and Spanish, she can tell you exactly what's going on, make you laugh, while feeding you the most delicious and memorable food. Michael is silent and efficient and magically appears whenever you need something. Gilletto protects you all night long. The monkeys show up in the early morning in the trees. Marjorie provides perfect manicures and pedicures. JESUS IS THE BEST massage therapist I've ever experienced (and I've had a LOT!). I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Oh, there are more fabulous dogs...Faye and Rama. They are a constant source of entertainment, along with a couple of cute kitties. In summary, do yourself a favor and visit Blue Osa.

Room Tip: Pick one of the two rooms on the front with the ocean views.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Bedford NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Spectacular architecture. Simple and yet exotic. Exceptional food, cooked and served lovingly by Marie, a hip French woman of a certain age. The pool is perfect for early morning laps, and the pool pavilion a delicious place for reading and a nap. I had two treatments, one facial with Aaron, also the yoga instructor, which left me feeling radiant, a good way to feel on your 50th birthday, and the other a coffee scrub with the skilled and handsome Jesus. We left with great sadness, feeling very much like family with the staff and the other guests who were staying there at the same time. A perfect way to start the day--yoga in the studio, or a run on the beach or a swim in the pool, then a delicious breakfast. The rest of the day can be hiking or daytripping or nothing at all. That works too!

Room Tip: If you like a/c, this is not the place for you.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I had the great pleasure to visit Blue Osa for 2 nights earlier this month. Even though it's the rainy season and it rained everyday, the location right on the beach was great for walking on the beach. The grounds are impeccably manicured. The almost olympic length pool was perfect, the food was fabulous and the rooms, even without AC, were extremely nice with the big walk-in showers. No TV and no phones, it was so quiet except for the birds. Wifi is available. It is a short somewhat rough ride from the airport in Peurto Jimenez, but worth evey bump in the road. I'm not into yoga, but if you are, do yourself a big favor and go to Blue Osa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

It has been only a day since I departed the Blue OSA and I can't wait to go back. The Blue OSA exceeded my expectations. My 20 year old daugtherand I were seeking relaxing and rejuvenation. I was also wanting a bit of adventure in a remote location. The OSA penisula is the perfect place to head to. It is lush and green with fabulous beaches and wildlife. The Blue OSA is a gem in the midst of a relatively undeveloped area. The staff is amazing. Stephan, the manager truly understands customer service and will do whatever he can to ensure that your stay meets your needs. Marie, the French chef provides you with a true culinary experience at every meal. Vanessa, the spa manager provided us with the most amazing facial that included a foot and hand/arm/shoulder massage and Jesus, the massage therapist will knead away any knots you have. Truly was the best massage I have ever had. We had private yoga lessons with Sabina who will not only teach and guide you in your yoga practice but also inspire you in your everyday life. The Blue OSA facilites (rooms, dining area, lap pool, hammock, yoga room, etc.) are lovely and beautifully designed and decorated. PJ and SJ

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Needed a major break. Wanted yoga/spa/natural beauty but also enough to satisfy our 14 year old son. Blue Osa was a complete escape, very low key, but with so much to do. Great yoga (Aaron goes deep), wonderful massage and facial, lovely beach to stroll but also ziplines, hikes, rappelling waterfalls, surfing, snorkeling, animal sanctuaries. The staff (Steve is the best) arranges everything with ease. Also, the food is fantastic (Marie brings French flair to tropical ingredients) and served in a beautiful open air setting. The location and design are gorgeous (Adam is a genius). The other guests were a delight, very friendly, we all just were so happy to be there.This was really one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Room Tip: Speak to Steve.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed at Blue Osa for 5 days in January. The only complaint I have is that it is on the other side of the world for me - I can't wait for another opportunity to go back.

Blue Osa is a beautiful setting. Fantastic accomodation on the edge of the rainforest, surrounded by a wonderful protected beach.

I was there on vacation but found myself getting up at 5.30am just to sit by the beach and watch the sun rise, with the waves rolling in and the sounds of the rainforest waking up - a magical and memorable experience.

Even though there were other guests staying there, there was plenty of space to just enjoy some 'me' time and just enjoy doing nothing. It has been a long time since I have been able to spend an afternoon in a hamock, read a book and sleep - I was certainly able to do this during my time at Blue Osa.

There were also plenty of day and half-day activities close by and I took the opportunity to do a tour of the chocolate farm and a bicycle ride/walk through the rainforest - up close with the wildlife such as white face monkeys and butterflies. The staff were more than helpful to make these arrangements and offer suggestions.

Aaron, Stephen and all the staff were fabulous, courteous and always available to help out where necessary. The food was excellent, full of flavour and variety (well done Jose and Marjorie).

Blue Osa is also a Spa, so I didn't miss the opportunity for a 90 minute massage with Jesus and a 60 minute facial with Aaron. These guys certainly know their stuff - I was blissed out after my afternoon of pampering.

I initially chose Blue Osa because of the yoga and the yoga studio is just perfect - airy and overlooking the beach. But I'd go back to Blue Osa again even without the yoga. It's a perfect base to explore Corcovado National Park or just as a a perfect secluded vacation spot.

Well done to all at Blue Osa and thanks for an amazing week.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!